• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 / Evo 8 MR / E46 M3 / STI

just mini update.
No mods of yet on the evo just bought another car for the MRS.
VW GTI DSG , its so silky smooth yet the power is so sutble but affective.
On the same week brother inlaw decided to part his 206 in exchange for a RX8 Pz.
So heres a little photoshoot .
9HDR.jpg

8HDR.jpg

4HDR.jpg

3HDR.jpg

2HDR.jpg

1HDR-1.jpg

Don't really like the photos :(

Evo looks stunning though, would be nice if I could clearly see the wheels though :p

I used my mrs Nikon D80. Although the HDR effect is not everones liking it was my first attempt of playing around with the pictures. It does look a bit over the top but its not everyday i get to fiddle around on photoshop. :)

Just another mini update.
Took the car to RG Motorsports in kent and got the car Remapped along with a Walbro fuel pump, HKS air filter , ARC heat sheild.
Prior this i bought the HKS Air filter a month ago but was intended to install it as i thought it would sound very similar to all the inductions kits which i had in the past.
Boy was i wrong.
After Rich from RG finished installing the fuel pump and heatsheild with the boost controller he took out his laptop and ask me, you drive , I map !
Driving out of the garage you instantly notice the filter noise. Even on simple gearing from 1st -5th gear the noise was immense. Coming from a guy who owned a eP3 with gruppe M's , the induction on this is totally different. It partners with my BOV so you would hear the suction ( similar to a dyson ) then the obvious dump sound. But the suction sound is what that impressed me.
When we found a small strech of road Rich Told me we will be doing a small drag up and down to enable him to do the mapping. We did a total of ten fast drives up and down that lane in each one slowly tuning and altering the map. Very fun at first but i needed time to adjust after each tweak.
So end of the day im very happy with the result. Rich mention i should be seeing a close 390bhp but more importantly the car has totally transformed. Its more lively and faster to react.
2-12.jpg

3-10.jpg

4-7.jpg

5-5.jpg

Evo 6 Race car with 490BHP
6-5.jpg

7-5.jpg

8-5.jpg

Just another mini update.
Took the car down to Kent again to meep up geekmapper Lee5. Originally plans were to have pops and bangs installed, but after a few discussions about my remap with RG's Lee decided to have my car recheck again.
So out came out the laptop and mapping was begun :) Lee found that i was suffering some surge in part throttle and the current map was erratic. 30mins into his mapping he had smoothed out the power and wheres previous the power was 389bhp he manage to get it to 400bhp. He mention the torque was a little lower than expected but to be honest i dont really notice it :)
I know its all figures but more importantly it is more driveable now.
You would get the obvious power/ torque but its more consistent and no lagg.
Pops and bangs with the flames added the entertainment, sounded like a shotgun being fired.

400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee5 has been mapping for a while now. Hes very popular on the MLR and kents best geekmapper. i believe he also mapped Rmcya old evo too.
Im trying to source out a decent camera suction mount for the car. So hopefully be able to get some videos in couple weeks time

Last edited by a moderator:
After getting the wheels from Peeler :smthumbup Ive decided that i needed to spray it to the closest bronze.Although it was quite hard and literally impossible to find a closest paintcode for the rays bronze. I decided to go for the BMW sepang Bronze.
I know its on 17's and i didnt want to go for 18's to harshen the ride or handling. All i need now is either a set of springs or coilovers.
rays2.jpg

ray2.jpg

ray4.jpg

ray3.jpg

rays1.jpg

17's FTW mate, look good. Def need lowing slightly. My rays on my lowered 8 looked amazing.

Nice refurb colour on the wheels. Though it looks like you've lost the wrinkled/orange peel effect :(

Volks are too sick. I miss mine.

Harv where yours on 18s? Im looking to get eibach springs plus FRS. So it should give it more aggresive stance.
Colour choice is good for me. In daylight its does show out the goldish bronze more.
Overal im happy with the result , next plans probably bigger brakes and bigger seats.

Back