• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 exhaust choices

Well i will have 400 of the finest English pounds availiable shortly to buy a catback exhaust.

So far i really like the HKS HiPower.

Any other options/choices you would like to add so i can have a look see.

i would avoid the HKS system , the B pipe is made from mild steel and mine is rusting quite badly already

just over a year , it's coming of the car before the end of the year when i get the replacement

Ooo umm I'd probably suggest a piper catback they're well under £400. Not much else is with the pound and yen as they are

How about the DC Sports Cat-Back? I am very happy with mine since i bought it a few months back..

100_1524.jpg

Taken from unit 8's website.....

DC Sports Single Canister EP3
The DC Sports Single Canister Catback systems are manufactured from 304-stainless steel piping, have a 4” straight-cut polished tip emblazoned with a rolled DC Sports logo. DC Sports exhaust systems are CNC Mandrel bent, hand welded, feature a straight-through muffler core, utilize the factory mounting locations and include complete hardware for ease of installation.

Like our header systems, DC Sports exhaust systems are dyno tested to outperform all comparable systems on the market. Extensive research and development goes into each exhaust system design to ensure the best performance and sound for your vehicle.

http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/EP3_Cat_Back.html

Dirty is that the single box system, how loud is it? Looks the same as a HKS which i like, might have to search youtube.

Dirty is that the single box system, how loud is it? Looks the same as a HKS which i like, might have to search youtube.

It is single box system, It is quite loud sounds amazing in v-tec especielly with an induction kit. If you are only in exeter i don't mind a little drive could meet you half way if you like, so you can hear for yourself :D

Does stick out a little which i was a bit aprehensive at first but now im used to it i think it looks amazing.

For more pics see below

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=55479&page=3

Depends how loud you want it. I've got a Buddy club spec III which I think is amazing made the car free up a lot and the sound is immense but it's too much for some people. Depends on you taste

I got my Spoon cat back system 2nd hand. N1 off fleabay for £250 delivered, about 3 months ago and the B pipe off the CTRO for £225 delivered not quite a month ago.

I had to wait a while for them to come around, but it pays off!!

End result:
[video=youtube;NxD9VP54TtY]old link autoupdated[/video]

Have you looked at the Blue Flame ones? They have an oval can which look pretty neat in the splitter recess. I think they are about £285 for a full catback off ebay and they look quite nice quality too. I've read good reviews on here for them and have been considering it myself for a while. From what I can tell they seem to have a deeper tone to them than most round cans.

I would really like a BuddyClub Spec4 as he said ^^. Have a look on youtube, they sound really good especially with a remap & induction kit. Just a bit dear thats all...about £500 IIRC.

=chris=

I really do hate oval tail pipes. just dont look right IMHO.

Im still really tempted by the HKS even though they are mostly mild steel. Have had a HKS Super Drager and a Silent Hi Power on previous cars.

The Super Drager was mostly mild steel too.

DC Sports catback all the way. just fitted mine weekend just gone. its not as loud as people make out,its a nice loud!! well nice in vtec, also sounds good just poodling around!!

got mine coupled with a DC 4-2-1 header...lots of bright flashes coming from the back of the car at night...:twisted:

what do you guys mean single canister? as in one silencer? is there two types of system as ive got a centre silencer and rear silencer, both straight through silencers though...

DC Sports catback all the way. just fitted mine weekend just gone. its not as loud as people make out,its a nice loud!! well nice in vtec, also sounds good just poodling around!!

got mine coupled with a DC 4-2-1 header...lots of bright flashes coming from the back of the car at night...:twisted:

what do you guys mean single canister? as in one silencer? is there two types of system as ive got a centre silencer and rear silencer, both straight through silencers though...

how much did all that set you back?

im after some bright flashes lol

Now the DC Sports system is made in china there are quality issues with them as far as im aware.
Seriously consider the piper system. There are some videos around of it which im going to try find for you now. It sounds lovely.

[video=youtube;ysf8iwU2Tpc&feature=channel]old link autoupdated[/video]

[video=youtube;odjfeBHVMSg&feature=channel_page]old link autoupdated[/video]

[video=youtube;DtSJS0aMPic&feature=channel]old link autoupdated[/video]

CPL and ABP are stockist of this system
Manifold + De Cat Section = £451.15
Manifold + Sports Cat Section = £610.39
Cat Back System = £379.99 (Many other tailpipe options available, just ask)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back