• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 interior mats stability.

I am sure I have come across some EP3's that have small bar things attached to the carpet, that go through the holes in the standard mats, to keep them in place.

Are these readily available?

Cheers

They do indeed. They come with the type r mats. No idea if you can get them seperate but i would have thought you can.

Yes mate, the S2000 has one on the drivers side, but TBH I find them annoying as its a big pin thing that comes through the floor.

From what I can see its a plate that its fixed to the floor panel just via a bolt. On the panel sits a pin that sticks through a flap and retains the mats.

Mines red too :? .

Was this a option then, or something bought aftermarket, as my EP3 didnt have one.

So would I need to put two holes through my jdm carpet to get it bolted to the floor plan? :eek:

Nope it is only one bolt and the hole will be there (under a flap) have a nose around.

So would I need to put two holes through my jdm carpet to get it bolted to the floor plan? :eek:

Yes.

You leave that carpet as it is!!!!!!

Theres a very smartly done (looks factory) cut flap in my S2000, in which this plate lives.

Oh aye there is a flap! Dotty, is it in the right place for one of these then, I'm not near the car at this moment.

joe, you're an accountant right? only an accountant would have a thread entitled "interior mats stability"

it wasn't so much the title of the thread, so much as you had considered the stability of your mats. pondered it some more, then wondered if perhaps there was a way to achieve ultimate stability then wrote a post on an internet forum about it. at least the post came to fruition and you will no longer have slippy mats.

Back