• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 or FN2

Well i think a standard fn2 only looks nice from the side view,the front and the rear make me get a little sick taste in my mouth. ep3 all the way for me other than that id go for an integra.

i think the back is a little unusual, but the front looks awesome, wide arches and looks scary when it comes up behind you waiting for you to get out the way ie VXR drivers lol

In my opinion (for what its worth haha) the EP3 is more of what you would expect from a Type R, lighter chassis, basic interior/less equipment as standard and when both standard the EP3 just feels more urgent through the revs.

At one point I would never of even looked at owning an FN2 but they have definitely grown on me over the past few months, Paul's FN2 is so aggressive and stealthy with the black alloys and mugen bumpers/spoiler and even though I think a Type R should have that raw feel the FN2 interior looks a more comfortable place to be plus has a push button start which some people would sell a kidney for :)

When I first saw the FN2 I hated it. Its defnitely grown on me a lot over the years though to the point whereI do now see the appeal. But I still much prefer the older Civic shapes & the relative simplicity & more bare bones approach of them. That TDi North one looks pretty damn good though. I also really like the dials in the FN2. Having that big rev counter in the middle looks sweet.

I think ill stick with the EP3 though & run it until its dead. Or if I do decide to change & I have the money id like a DC5. Or when they reach a more reasonable price, a FD2. I do really like those.

I would still want an EK9, the only thing holding me back is the ridiculous cost. Given the choice of all 3 civic type r's i would take an EK9 Rx. Providing i could sell it on and not lose a fortune :D

Good call, I definitely think the EK9 is the best Civic Type R, never even driven one but they look stunning.

So really the answer to EP3 or FN2 is.... EK9 :D

If you jumped in an EK9 after driving an EP3 or I would say a lightly modded FN2 you would be dissapointed. They have to be totally stripped to feel quick and lack so much midrange even compared to the newer cars.
Love the way they look though and drop a K20 into one and its a whole different story! Awesome package then.

Having owned EP3's and extensively modding them tracking and racing them....and even now still owning Sara's old EP3 I can safely say the FN2 "When modified" is a better package. Rear end isn't nice but from the front and front side on it looks great.

Looks aside it is heavier but the weight is in the chassis so low down, the suspension is more upright so better laid out than the EP3 and when driven hard you can really feel how much more composed the car is. The wider track, lower COG, wider tires and flat bottom all add together to give a very flat cornering car.

Been a lot of haters out there since the Clarkson review where he points out things like memory of seats......the EP3 doesnt have a memory either ffs! :lol:

We took the plunge to run the FN2 in Time Attack this year as its the first time that a pretty much bolt-on modded road car is up against proven EP3's and DC5's so not only can we promote the car we can get a few good comparisons with the far "superior" EP3.

I got a feeling we going to upset a few people this year though. ;)

Yeah. FN2 got slated as not as good as the EP3 and when the EP3 came out that got slated as not as good as the EK9! Can't win sometimes. :lol:

I think the appeal about the EK9 is just the look and rareness rather than the performance but its surprising to hear that mid range performance is lacking even with the smaller engine I thought the size and weight of the car would compensate to a certain point, Haha theres the answer then EK9 with a K20 dropped in for good measure :)

The FN2 definitely seems to be getting more of a following and Paul's FN2 is my personal favourite you would honestly c**p yourself seeing it in your rear view mirror, its also good to hear that its a much better car than the review Clarkson gave it and his comment on the memory seats was totally pointless as the EP3 suffers from the same thing.

Well done to Neil heard he had a very successful weekend at Time Attack and need to get in touch to book up the FRSU with you :)

hailsham buddy :)

cool I got a few friends who live there. I drove through there not long ago at about 3 am and there was about 10 chavs with their shirts off walking through the town and they started shouting and running towards my car while I was waiting at traffic lights. They were pretty big too, I could have taken maybe 7 of them by myself out but 10 was too much so I had to drive through a red to escape lol

Last edited by a moderator:
cool I got a few friends who live there. I drove through there not long ago at about 3 am and there was about 10 chavs with their shirts off walking through the town and they started shouting and running towards my car while I was waiting at traffic lights. They were pretty big too, I could have taken maybe 7 of them out but 10 was too much so I had to drive on to escape lol

yup that sounds like hailsham lol, im not allowed to go out alone anymore incase i beat them....

EP3 for me.

But that is a biased opinion as I have never driven an FN. I prefer the look and layout of the EP3 and don't like the FN's dashboard (or any digital/electronic dash for that fact - I remember people raving about the MK2 Astra GTE with a 'digital dash' yet it looked horrific.)

Back