• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Ep3 possibly written off

Hi. Been involved in an accident and my ep3 is possibly written off. I can't really see myself buying any other car than a type r. The main question now is which one. Another ep3 or an fn2 which I am fancying more and more the more I look.

Just wondering people on here think I should get. What advantages does the fn2 have over the ep3. What little features does it have etc etc

Regards

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FN2 is a completely different car, the only thing that's the same is the engine.

Ultimately it's your decision and we all have different tastes, go test drive one.

This was my review of the FN2 when I had an EP3.

Obviously the test drive went well since I'm picking it up on Tuesday.

Anyhow my review of the FN2...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to an independent "Sports and Prestige" dealer who just gave me the keys and the trade plates and said there was a tenner in the tank...

Mixed emotions coming from the EP3. A lot of people have said the FN2 isn't a real Type R but a lot of people said the same about the EP3 when it was released.

Personally and rationally I think I've grown up, good thing or bad thing but I think the FN2 fits my needs. I will however dispell one myth right now. The FN2 is every bit as quick in a straight line as the UKDM EP3. Fair enough I didn't go side by side with an EP3 but I drove it on roads that I drive every day in my EP3 and the speedo gave the same figures point to point.

The seat height is a little higher on the FN2 than the EP3, which I can imagine gives the impression of the EP3 being faster, but there really isn't a lot in it.

I don't know about the rest of the country but it's been freezing up here recently, so I couldn't get the FN2 on it's door handles so to speak. It certainly gripped where it needed to and seemed a lot happier at high speeds than the EP3, less bounce and less twitchy. Saying that the steering at low speeds is properly weighted and very direct. Nice grippy wheel material as well compared to the EP3.

The engine note on a standard FN2 is great. Induction noise is much more noticeable than the EP3. I came out of an EP3 with a Spoon cat back and was instantly greeted with a lovely roar from under the bonnet. I couldn't hear much exhaust burbles or pops but I'm sure I'll cure that with an aftermarket in no time.

The gear box is every bit as good as in the EP3. Short lever and short throw and you just know when pushing on that it'll just drop into the next gear time and time again.

It's not really worth comparing the EP3 and FN2 on kit because with a FN2 in GT spec you get so many more toys over the EP3, I really did feel like I'd stepped back 4 years (literally) getting back in my EP3.

Don't get me wrong. The above sounds like I've been completely taken by the FN2. However I know for a fact that in a few months time I'll be thinking, "Should I have kept the EP3 and spent the money on mods?" and I think that's the question.

The EP3 is not and will never be an EK9, but what you get is an every day driver with the soul of a racer. It begs you to give it the beans and fling it into bends. Spend some money on it and it can become a stripped out track car, but in standard form it feels alive, it's got soul...

The FN2 IMO carries enough of this over to make it a brilliant car that is much more involving and committed than a Focus or Golf, while it still shares the every day comforts of those cars. However you can forget all that when you hit a piece of tarmac that you know well and plant your right foot. It might be a bit heavier and have bits you don't need in a street racer, but IMO it's still a every bit a Type R...

Honest advice would be to go and test drive one and see what you prefer. Approved Honda would be my advice and try and get them to price match cars for sale locally. That way you get the Honda warranty. :smt023

Yep, go and drive one. As Danger200 said it's all about taste and what you want from a car. Personally, I much prefer the EP3 but I know quite a few FN2 owners that wouldn't swap theirs for all the opium in China.

Allow me a gratuitous metaphor;

EK9 is a pole dancer.
EP3 is a burlesque dancer.
FN2 is a samba dancer.
DC5 is a nightclub cage dancer.

Hey, it makes sense to me, alright?

Hmmm DC5 you say?? Mines for sale just need to get my ass into gear and do an ad ;)

Deffo more of a fan on the fn2. Probably a gt version. Depends the my insurance says. I think it gets picked up on Monday.

I went from an EP3 to an FN2 and I wouldn't go back. The FN2 feels more grown up and refined (well it is) so you'll find yourself driving slower in it than an EP3 I dare say. However when you put your foot down, all the great bits of VTEC are still there, plus a nicer, louder induction note.

If you can get one with an LSD, do it. Mine would've destroyed my EP3 head to head as the handling is much sharper.

As for looks, I think the FN2 has got better somehow from when it was launched. They look much, much better in the flesh than photos too.

Plus the toys are great. Had it tell me I had a slow puncture last week. Took it straight to a garage who repaired the tyre, saving me £150+

Thanks, i just need to find out if its a write off or not, should find out tomorrow or Friday.

I honestly now want it to be write off so i can get an FN2, not sure if the near ones with the LSD will be in my price bracket.

Kind Regards

Andrew

I got a call this afternoon from the garage stating that it would cost £6000 to repair. Just waiting for a call from my insurance company tell to confirm it will be write off. Now to fight for what my car is worth. Al though this is not my fault so should hopefully be not that hard.

Regards

Andrew

they might suprise you in what they give you, if not then tell them that they need to get more for you, OR give you the cash plus let you have the car back for like £50 then sell it on or break

Hi. Been involved in an accident and my ep3 is possibly written off. I can't really see myself buying any other car than a type r. The main question now is which one. Another ep3 or an fn2 which I am fancying more and more the more I look.

Just wondering people on here think I should get. What advantages does the fn2 have over the ep3. What little features does it have etc etc

Regards

Andrew

I had a ep3 then I sold it for a fn2. I thought I was goin to regret it but when I got it it was the best thing I did is a much better car well built no knocking when goin over bumps unlike the ep3 even *** my fn2 is lowered. Better driving position and much comfyer on longer drives no akeing hips or back. Love it. And as for the power and speed at santa pod me and a ep3 both stranded neck and neck. Dont listen to what top gear said. You wont regret it unless you go on track days then the ep3 is for you. Hope this helps

The car is now officially written off. So looks like an FN2 is on the way. Pray ably looking to spend between 6000 and 6500

happy hunting for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418490164.934438.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418490187.784923.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418490201.767904.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418490214.234870.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418490239.918447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418490251.583555.jpg

What bulbs have people put in the front. Need rid of the shitty yellow look.

Regards
Andrew

Yeam I am happy with it. It feels less of a toy then the ep3. What about no projector though. Would the pattern of a hid kit go everywhere?

Back