• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 "real" top speed?

Sorry to bring this back but while sorting my photos I found this. Was my mates EP3, basically standard

IMG_0680.jpg

Downhill with the devil chasing him?! :lol:

off the clock in a ctr not a bad effort and some long clear road and some big Gentelmans parts. lol. i managed to woop a M3 of the line recently with a little slip of the clutch and i laughed at him for ages!! felt good. any way back to the point. throw 4-5 k on a ep3 ( super charge / turbo ) one then go back with the suited mods and pull aside let the m3's mercs etc get a long side then put the accelerator in the carpet pull past and dont forget to wave the 20-30K you still have left over at them to allow the embarresment grow as you pull away from them! lol

more then believable. My 206gti used to go off the clock so easily140mph. As the top speed of an ep3 is reported to be 150-152mph down a hill to get 160mph seems more then possible!

EDIT: I do mean on the speedo, after reading below later posts i dont want to confuse with real speed. The 140 i see was on the speedo and i believe the 160 pic above isn't an edited photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never going to happen, even with a shoddy Odometer.

You're probably looking at between 250-300hp at the fly to hit 160mph in a FWD car.

I agree. :D

When my Accord was on standard gearing with around 214bhp, I (eventually) hit an indicated 154mph @ 7800rpm in 5th gear.
On my current gearing, I Now hit the limiter at an indicated 142/143mph, which is more than enough for a road car. :lol:

However, the speedo on the Accord in massively inaccurate and around 8-9mph exaggerated. ;)

I've seen a big bhp Cossie go past me at 160mph when I wasn't hanging around myself in my CTR. My car would not go that fast and I know that for sure.

The posted top speed for the mk 2 ford focus rs is 163mph, so what Jermal said appears to make a lot of sense. :D ;)

I would bet money that even the Mugen FN2 with 240bhp would struggle to breach 155mph (true speed) :(

mines at 256bhp 188lbft and i dont think it would hit the 160mph mark, wouldnt want to have a go anyway FT

mines at 256bhp 188lbft and i dont think it would hit the 160mph mark, wouldnt want to have a go anyway FT

Without changing the gearing the top speed would not increase no matter what the increased bhp was - you would just get to the limit a bit quicker.

Without changing the gearing the top speed would not increase no matter what the increased bhp was - you would just get to the limit a bit quicker.

yes you're right so a standard ctr wont do it etheir its a 2.0L hatchback not an rs4,m3 lardy bloody dar!

I had my ep3 at 165mph last week but its turbo'd, before i done the conversion the top speed wasnt impressive seemed to take forever to be honest.

Unless you raised the rev limit and changed the rules. ;)

JayK (see his h22 turbo thread) predicts a theoretical indicated top speed well in excess of 170mph in the Accord with the rev limit set to over 9000rpm on standard gearing. :D

Back