• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Rear Seat Removal.

Can't do it.

coverspage32km.jpg

This is the best pic I can find online.

I've lifted the front end of the seats up fine, just can't see the bolt that needs removing. When in the boot, with the single seat folded down, I've lifted up the plastic thing to discover 2 bolts; presume this is the main back part.

Can't even get the lower cushion out.
ymca.gif

Help

Thanks for the offer but can't do today :(

Where's this pesky 10mm bolt I can't find? :lol:

For reference. The pic is somewhat misleading. The bolt is almost bang on in the middle, but towards the drivers side slightly. If you've lifted the base up, then give it a slight tug towards you - you can get to it from on top (gap where the back meets the bottom).

Just to get the back out now :)

Hey Joe, you still struggling with this? As I just removed my whole interior over the past few days so can give you a few pointers if you wish? Quite a few bits are a pain but you'll get there in the end.

Hey Joe, you still struggling with this? As I just removed my whole interior over the past few days so can give you a few pointers if you wish? Quite a few bits are a pain but you'll get there in the end.

Hi mate - I've not had a look yet, but the rear seats fold down section is next to come out if you've got any tips.

Well once the rear seat has been removed and you're just left with the two folding sections, underneath the join of the two seats (just right of the centre) there will be a plastic cover. Lift this up and there will be an (M10 IIRC) bolt to undo (an absolute pig as holding the plastic cover out of the way is strenuous). Undo this, then put the seats down, lift up the flappy carpet sections and under the same plastic cover and there will be two of the same bolts to undo (again, a pain but do-able).
Once these three bolts have been removed, put the seats back up and in the join of the two seats there is a bolt through the pivot of the two seats. Pull the sponge of the left seat away from the pivot to reveal the bolt, remove this, and then you can tug on the seats (at the join) and they'll just fall out. HTH. :smt023

Excellent, cheers buddy. I think I have seen the 2 bolts. Assume they'll be easy to spot. cheers ;)

Welcome dude. FYI, there's four bolts to undo in total, three for the bracket holding the pivot (two upper, one lower, all gold coloured), and then one black bolt holding the pivot together :)

I only spotted two when I was sat in the boot, are there two accessed form there, and one accessed from sitting in the car?

Ah yes, I accessed them all from sitting in the car. So if you re-read my description you'll need to imagine being sat in the car with your back to the front seats and looking at the back seat :)

Back