• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 suspension

Im at that point again where im thinking of spending on the car lol. what sort of money am i looking at for a resonable setup not coilovers or anything serious just sports shocks and springs or sumit anyone enlighten me ?
thanks in advance

Eibach Springs and Camber adjusters will be perfect for you.

Match these with a FRSU (Fast Road Set Up) and you will be rewarded very highly. Great turn in and bundles of grip.

The springs will drop the car about 20mm, which is perfect IMO. No issues with speed bumps or anything.

The adjusters will allow you to adjust the camber and toe of your wheel alingment.

You will be looking at £400/£500 for all of this fitted and set up.

I did this all in one go with my EP3 and the results are fantastic.

Add to the above a rear thicker JDM anti roll bar, and as Suits said have a car that works better, inspires more confidence but retains full drivability.

I've just had the above fitted at TGM today - Eibach springs, FRSU and a JDM ARB. I have to say, makes the car handle amazingly, especially round corners :D

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a good fix but i need a new front strut soon as its on its way out so im unsure what to do any advice?

I may have this done then, i was under the impression that just fitting springs alone wont give you much benefit on handling.

Nice, im not taking it on track anyway really so i'll give the meisters a miss and get this setup, only got a J's front strut to help with the handling so far

Nice, im not taking it on track anyway really so i'll give the meisters a miss and get this setup, only got a J's front strut to help with the handling so far

I had a front JDM ARB and a Front J's brace too.

Cant remember if I had a rear JDM ARB though :lol: .

Either way the EP3 bit hard into corners and unless you were driving like a utter loon on the roads it was hard to make it understeer. Nice bit of lift off oversteer too when you wanted it.

Loved my EP3, I had exactly how I wanted it and was near a perfect FWD car for me, 241bhp and on rails.

I do miss it, a lot.

Well the world of struts is yours then.

Try and get a point to point one, as this will give you the best results (in theory) .

Like this...

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Spoon-Strut-Tower-Bar-Front--74300-DC5-000/

I had a J's one to accomodate my GM you see.

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Js-Racing-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-FRONT--TB-P3-F/

hmm judging by prices ill will have to get one after i buy front shocks then lol
you got any idea how much oem shocks are suits?
thanks in advance

hmm judging by prices ill will have to get one after i buy front shocks then lol
you got any idea how much oem shocks are suits?
thanks in advance

You'll have to keep your eye out on the for slae sections of the forums mate, there is always someone having a set lying about after fitting coilies.

Put a wanted add up in the wanted section.

Might be able to get a set for about £100.

You'll have to keep your eye out on the for slae sections of the forums mate, there is always someone having a set lying about after fitting coilies.

Put a wanted add up in the wanted section.

Might be able to get a set for about £100.

hmm yer could do the killer is im on the Isle of man so postage is a killer
I think i will give honda a ring today see how much they want least then i know they are mint also

hmm yer could do the killer is im on the Isle of man so postage is a killer
I think i will give honda a ring today see how much they want least then i know they are mint also

They will be expensive from Honda mate.

If you're thinking of doing that you may as well spend a bit more and get some coilovers.

Meister R is doing what look like some quality cheap coilovers. People that have bought them appear to be very happy with them.

Check this out.... bargian.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...-£579-Delivered!!!-£100-Off-RRP-Free-Delivery!!!

They will be expensive from Honda mate.

If you're thinking of doing that you may as well spend a bit more and get some coilovers.

Meister R is doing what look like some quality cheap coilovers. People that have bought them appear to be very happy with them.

Check this out.... bargian.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...-£579-Delivered!!!-£100-Off-RRP-Free-Delivery!!!

thanks
Hmm seems like a good deal ill have to see what i can do as its an expensive month this month lol
i Will need rear camber arms also wont i?

just spoke to a local company who have all the lazer wheel alighment equipment they said they are able to do any setup you want for £67 front and rear, if i can get the geomerty does anyone know the camber etc etc for a fast road setup? thanks

Back