• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update.. This time in the shape of removing both the rear arch liners . Its a job thats been on the cards for a while but with winter slowly approaching I thought it would be a good idea as I did not want to keep these in over winter. The arch liners come out pretty easy and I was amazed with the condition considering the age of the vehicle I do know the car was garaged for a long time so this has obviously helped a lot. On removing the passenger side arch liner I noticed the fuel filler pipe was quite rusty at the bottom so I decided to replace it with a new one from Tegiwa.

This is the first time I've ever done arch's on a car looking online their seems to be a lot of different ways of protecting your arches with a number of different products but I have gone with the colour coded option firstly Rust inhibitor then Zinc primed then colour coded and then finished with 3 coats of clear lacquer. So much better I now might get the plastic protection guard for the fuel filler pipe to finish it off. I will also be wax oiling the inner box sections behind the speakers.

ARCH LINERS REMOVED

11.jpg

22.jpg

ALL PAINTED

33.jpg

NEW V OLD

44.jpg

ALL BACK TOGETHER

77.jpg

When you paint parts, I see you did your windscreen wipers for example, what equipment do you use, is it air compressor gun or rattle cans?

Thanks very much for this thread Dean, you're inspiring me to go do some things on my own ep3.
When you paint parts, I see you did your windscreen wipers for example, what equipment do you use, is it air compressor gun or rattle cans?

Thanks Marc its much appreciated .. as for the equipment this is all just rattle cans as long as you prep it right you can get very good results. hope thus helps.

Last edited:
Fantastic mate and what a result that there was nothing nasty hiding behind the carpet liners!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Fantastic mate and what a result that there was nothing nasty hiding behind the carpet liners!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Thanks , this wasn’t the first one I had looked at before purchasing the one I have …some are in a shocking state ,,

Not much of an update but I thought I'd post it anyway so decided to replace the fuel filter as I have no record of it being changed and by the the looks of it I'm guessing its the original one but cant be certain but by all the black coloured fuel coming out of it I'm swaying to it being original .

This is what I was presented with.
e2.jpg

As we all know its a in tank filter so the whole assembly is one unit including the fuel pump.

e3.jpg

New filter fitted as you can see in the picture I got this one from Jap service parts its not an original Honda filter but it is from JS in Japan which is pretty neat and a prefect fit and no different from the original one.

All back together....... It also gave but an opportunity to see underneath the bench seat for any rust happy to report nothing found :)

e1.jpg

Nice work, another thing checked off. Looks brand new under that bench. Bet that was a pleasing find!

2 more questions :
1. Are you replacing the manifold heat shield or just leaving it off?
2. With your spraying prowess, why not spray that engine brace?

2 more questions :
1. Are you replacing the manifold heat shield or just leaving it off?
2. With your spraying prowess, why not spray that engine brace?
The manifold heat shield was taken off and will not be replaced . As for the the engine brace it hard to see but it almost rusted though at the ends that’s why I replaced it instead of refurbishing it . Hope that helps ,,

First small update of this year ... And this comes in the shape of a front fog light kit this has been on my list from the start. Unfortunately it's not genuine well not all of it . I did manage to find a genuine honda lower section of the harness which is the main part but everything else is aftermarket but with that being said it's still a very well put together kit and wires up exactly the same as the original. Considering how hard to find a genuine ep3 kit is and the price tag someone will ask this is a good option.

Also decided to remove the 6000k Hid kit i've been using for the last year and brought some Osram cool blue boost bulbs which look so much better a crisp white light and no messing about with wires it's a win.

The kit i started with

02.jpg

Managed to find a genuine honda ep3 lower harness section

03.jpg

All fitted great little upgrade

01.jpg

Great thread mate, car is looking fresh as. Love the rear arch work and new filler pipe and fresh fogs, hopefully all on my list this year!

Hey man, great thread.

I'm looking to tighten up the gearshift on my EP3, how do you find the Tegiwa bushes ?? Simple enough to do ?? Any tips ??

Back