• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hey man, great thread.

I'm looking to tighten up the gearshift on my EP3, how do you find the Tegiwa bushes ?? Simple enough to do ?? Any tips ??

Hi, Thanks. As for the Tegiwa bushes they are a great quality upgrade to the rubber original ones and definitely makes a difference to the shifting along with this they are simple to fit and combined with a Tegiwa short shifter makes for a great little package, hope this helps .

Last edited:
As for the Tegiwa bushes they are a great quality upgrade to the rubber original ones and definitely makes a difference to the shifting along with this they are simple to fit and combined with a Tegiwa short shifter makes for a great little package, hope this helps .

Ok great, seems like the thing to do for my car - minus the short shifter.

I want to try and tighten up the gearbox feel as best I can, without adjusting it too much from OEM.

Cheers man.

Another update... had the car Mot'd in March and sailed though with no advisories also the lower bull joints were replaced as the old ones were looking a bit crusty. along with this I had a few interior jobs to sort one of the bulbs behind the clocks needed changing so decided to replace with some Red incandescent bulbs which looks great behind the clocks.

001.jpg

Also found out that one of my front door speakers had blown and ripped along the edges at the same time a friend of mine was getting a new head unit so I managed to have his old one this being a Pioneer Sph-DA120 it's an old head unit now but had one a few years ago and its a great unit and being a 6.2 inch screen much better than my single din Alpine. So to complement I brought some 13cm pioneer door speakers and a fixing kit. I can report sound quality has much improved which is not surprising.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Next on list was to sort out by door weather strips and the roof moulding both were heavy sun beaten so decided to repaint them . Nice easy job and they have come out really nice so much better than before

BEFORE

005.jpg

AFTER

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Nice work. I’ve been considering getting some of those roof strips for the teg before they go extinct too. Mine aren’t quite as bad as yours though, surprisingly. Good to see another EP getting taken care of :)

… also my parents have that same garden table lol

Nice work. I’ve been considering getting some of those roof strips for the teg before they go extinct too. Mine aren’t quite as bad as yours though, surprisingly. Good to see another EP getting taken care of :)

… also my parents have that same garden table lol
Thanks Hazz, The roof strips were in pretty bad condition its amazing what a lick of paint can do.

as for the table i’ve had it years

Wicked man, great little jobs.

I have the same Pioneer Head Unit, seems to do the job OK - although I can't get my phone to pair with it properly so I can't take phone calls on it, can answer it but no audio is received or sent.

The bulbs in my instrument cluster as awfully dim, did the replacements offer any improvement ??

Finally (lol), the weather strips - were they easy to remove and go back alright ??

Looking good, I wouldn't mind knowing if they came off and went back on easy. Also what paint did you use for them?

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Wicked man, great little jobs.

I have the same Pioneer Head Unit, seems to do the job OK - although I can't get my phone to pair with it properly so I can't take phone calls on it, can answer it but no audio is received or sent.

The bulbs in my instrument cluster as awfully dim, did the replacements offer any improvement ??

Finally (lol), the weather strips - were they easy to remove and go back alright ??

Thanks Suits ,

As they say it’s the little things that make the difference. Not sure why your head unit is not pairing i would try resetting If you haven’t already

The weather strips come off easy just lower the window . Gentle lift nearest the door handle side and gentle roll towards you . You will see the white clips that hold it in position just be careful not to damage the clips.
just one thing to note I loosened the nuts holding the wing mirror on for access. Any dramas let me know and I’ll advise.

As for the bulbs replaced in the clocks it did make a big difference a much redder colour and brighter in comparison to the clear incandescent bulbs it replaced . I’ll get a picture for you .

Looking good, I wouldn't mind knowing if they came off and went back on easy. Also what paint did you use for them?

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Thanks Shoonk,

The weather strips come off easy just lower the window . Gentle lift nearest the door handle side and gentle roll towards you . You will see the white clips that hold it in position just be careful not to damage the clips.
just one thing to note I loosened the nuts holding the wing mirror on for access. Any dramas let me know and I’ll advise. Easy to refit .

The paint I used : Autotek black bumper and trim paint no primer needed but if you want too you can use some paint adhesion spray.

Awesome man, great pointers there.

That's another job added to the list.

Not sure why your head unit is not pairing i would try resetting If you haven’t already

Yeah, tried loads of things - next port of call is to replace the mic, or at least get the HU out and check to see if it's been installed properly.

That's a million times better, mine are so dim it feels like a MOT failure :D.

Simple enough job, what bits did you use ??

That's a million times better, mine are so dim it feels like a MOT failure :D.

Simple enough job, what bits did you use ??
Yeah , simple job remove the clocks facia trim . Remove x2 screws holding clocks in place and then pull forward and it’s out.

I used red incandescent bulbs 286 on the dials hope this helps .

Another update , I've manged to get a few more things done thought I'd start with the rear crash bar as on the last inspection it looked crusty as hell and I was not wrong rusty metal fell to floor and soon as I removed the rear bumper now comes the hard bit getting a new one nobody had one Tegiwa was my first port of call even tried the main dealer their response was that they were on backorder and could not give me a date when back in stock . Thankfully I managed to find a brand new one in Northern Ireland :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Next on the list was to remove the radiator mine was on it's last legs not bad for the original rad but it started leaking from the top I did not go for a fancy alloy one because I want to keep it Oem + so brought a nissens radiator they seem to have very good reviews I can report very good build quality and very good fitment while this was coming out thought it was a good idea to change the thermostat and Temperature sensor and also replaced the coolant hoses with some Black M2 silicone hoses and 5 litres of Motul coolant another job done.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Last of all I got Express alloy wheels to come out and Refurbish all 4 wheels Amazing job.

Sick, wonderful work.

I appreciate the dedication to keeping it as new OEM as you can, it would have been easier to get one from one of those hellish FB breaker perhaps ??

Wheels look great too, I'm using up the tyres on mine then when I get new rubber get them refurbed and balanced. Was it affordable having them come out to you ?? Did he have one of those portable balancing kits in his van ??

Sick, wonderful work.

I appreciate the dedication to keeping it as new OEM as you can, it would have been easier to get one from one of those hellish FB breaker perhaps ??

Wheels look great too, I'm using up the tyres on mine then when I get new rubber get them refurbed and balanced. Was it affordable having them come out to you ?? Did he have one of those portable balancing kits in his van ??

Thanks much appreciated, I did get it from a guy on FB :)

As for the wheels the guy did a super job considering all 4 wheels had curbing it's amazing what you can fit in a merc sprinter he had the lot wheel oven , tyre removing machine , balancer , He even did diamond cutting if you wanted it. The total cost was £300 which I thought was a great price .

Thanks much appreciated, I did get it from a guy on FB :)

As for the wheels the guy did a super job considering all 4 wheels had curbing it's amazing what you can fit in a merc sprinter he had the lot wheel oven , tyre removing machine , balancer , He even did diamond cutting if you wanted it. The total cost was £300 which I thought was a great price .

Oh, fair enough, lol.

Those mobile guys are fantastic from what I can ascertain, everyone that's used one speaks very highly.

£300 isn't cheap but when you factor in they come to you - it starts to make sense.

Squeezing in four wheels and tyres into a car is horrid and all that faff is worth £100 easy.

Oh, fair enough, lol.

Those mobile guys are fantastic from what I can ascertain, everyone that's used one speaks very highly.

£300 isn't cheap but when you factor in they come to you - it starts to make sense.

Squeezing in four wheels and tyres into a car is horrid and all that faff is worth £100 easy.

Yeah , I thought £300 was good like I said considering all the work and the wheels were in bad shape the guy stated at 9am and finished the wheels at 4pm so pretty much the whole day with not much of a break top work .

Back