• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP33BY's - jdm ep3r - new wheels!! pg2

Hey everyone, fresh to the forum and great to see good people here instead of normal internet twits!
So starting off I bought my first ever Honda about a month ago now with previously only ever owning Subies
Can i say WOW - The EP3 Type R that I got is amazing! I have only ever driven one previously and it had me hooked from the word go.

My EP3 is a japan import so i'm not sure if any differences to the UK one or identical, but so overwhelmed by these hot hatches.

Currently the car is completely stock, with 84,000km on it, as soon as I got the car home I changed all fluids to genuine Honda fluids, also replaced front and right hand engine mounts as they were broken!
Future 'mods' for the car don't really strike me much at the moment, I have not had it long enough, but for the time that I have had it I feel as though i'm pushing the car no where near it's limits (cornering/handling wise) to even need modifications!

BUT I've modified all previous cars sooooo hopefully saying this will stick for once :p

One thing i'm definitely not doing is lowering it, love the stock ride height and the feel. I plan on tracking the car maybe once a year? Just for fun, not to set records hahaha. Only other things I have been looking into is the Hondata airbox mod, and engine torque dampeners, but where I live the police and strict on modifications on cars :( sleeper the only way to go, regardless staying N/A so not too hard to achieve.

Looking at buying some foglights from ebay as all the wiring and switch is on my car already :) just have to make sure harness has power and confirm fuse/relay ok, and also need the find the left hand side light plug as it's hidden :confused:, right hand one is hanging down.

A few items need painting (wipers/window moulds etc.), Looking at buying a new gearknob (mines all scratched) and maybe a shorter antenna.

Well here are some snaps and i'll keep posting my up to date add ons :)

gK17Fch.jpg

6kyJ7wx.jpg

xmPapdF.jpg

XBGjwUv.jpg

koaX7f8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome car.

Don't worry about buying a new gearknob, there's a "How to" on here about buffing the scratches out, you can have a brushed look or go the whole hog and polish it up to a chrome like finish.

My EP3 is a japan import so i'm not sure if any differences to the UK one or identical

There are a fair few differences (they're miles better than UKDM)!

From Memory:

Higher lift cams
Different exhaust manifold (better breathing)
Stiffer anti-roll bars
Slippy Diff
Different seats
Red Mats
I think, although I'm not 100% sure, 5th and 6th gear are shorter due to 112mph speed restriction on jap cars.

There's probably a few more too

Hey ho! Welcome! Good choice the JDM's are said to be much better than the UKDM's, wish I had one :(.

Thanks everyone! I'll have a look at the how to about my gear knob! Wow didn't realise the differences! Maybe mods aren't needed! :p

So with gruppe m intake (or hondata airbox mod) plus catback exhaust? And kpro? Very hard to get good tuners where i am. More reasons why i'm not modding yet! Haha

Ordered some off eBay, should be here mid week. Any tips on changing them? Able to do with hubs still on vehicle? Just move driveshaft to side...
Have been looking at getting a spare key, rang my dealer and they said the key doesn't need coding it is just normal key cut? Thank you

Hoping to help stop wheel hop and make downshifting smoother, would a torque dampener or energy engine mount inserts better? Or both? Any experiences?

The ES inserts tend to be fit and forget. People seen to have a lot of problems with ETDs knocking because they are sometimes tricky to set up and sometimes need adjusting after a period of settling in.

hyVqFgj.jpg

vCdldyB.jpg

myVmk2E.jpg

SO god some yellow foglights and some buddyclub p1 (jap ones) 16x7.5+32 all round
I LOVE the new look :) some people don't let me know what you think!
I was considering maybe getting the wheels painted black maybe....?

Loverly car mate Wish we had the jdm champ white in the UK.
Is that a Ozzy P plate I see in the window?

Back