• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

es mounts or torque damper?!

I have the es mounts, though I got them to counteract wheel hop. I suspect you'd be safer with the ETD if you're worried about snapping your manifold.

Though I'm sure a few people will say get both. :rolleyes:

Front ES mount. I have tried all combos and I'm happy with just that.

2 ES mounts increase road noise to much over 75-80MPH and the ETD's can rattle a lot. BUT they make the car drive supurb, just couldn't live with it.

The front ES mount takes 40 mins to fit so give it a try first.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got ES mounts on my EP3 and they seem good, stop the wheel hop etc.
Also if youve got or your going to fit a front upper strut brace the torque damper will only work with certain ones so your limited on what you can get.

I went for the ESMM on my old DC5, made a huge difference.
You do suffer intially with some cabin vibrations, but the mounts do seem to soften & the vibrations reduce after a few weeks.

All I have on my Teg is a Torque Dampner. Saying that I pulled it off this weekend when fitting a strut and it's broken! :lol:

I've got a set of es mounts on the way along with a j's racing strut brace!
I nearly bought a spoon torque dampner but decided to go with the mounts instead because of what others have said about them!

Tom @ TGM was telling me he only really fits the front ES mount now,

as most people come back due to the cabin vibrations if both are fitted...

Finally got round to fitting my es mounts yesterday. I only fitted the front one though. I've noticed a difference already, but i'm still getting wheel hops. Do you guys think I should fit the back one to try get rid of the wheel hops or would I be as well just leaving it as is now?!

Cheers,

Steven

Quick and possibly stupid question. What are es mounts?
They're are not mounts as such, but inserts, they fit into the standard engine mount, to make them much more rigid... Can be used to fix broken mounts too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the ALEX replacement engine mounts in my old DC5 and they were awesome, lots of noise and vibration. You could hear the rear wing vibrating at traffic lights :lol: I think the new owner changed them within a month!

Im in need of some mounts inserts, where have you all bought yours from? I have had a look about and funkypower seems to be the best place.

I fitted my ES inserts today and I have to say there is a huge change, the hole car feels alot more positive. It does shake you a little on tick over though, and my spoon exhaust is louder inside the car!

Back