• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Euro Car Parts - Clutch

Hatton

Will Be Missed
Hi guys, after driving Keeno's DC5, I've pretty much realised that I need a new clutch for the Teg. Gear changes aren't as smooth as they were on my EP3 and clutch pedal is quite stiff and not a great deal of feel. All expected in a 82k car.

Anyway, after doing some research and whoring the search button, I came to the conclusion that it's damn expensive so I was going to hunt around for the best price I could do it all for. First up, Keeno has been using a local garage for many moons and has never had a bad word to say about them, so after finding out that he only charges £25 an hour, I jumped straight in.

Time now to find a clutch. After more research and calling around I found Euro Car Parts do the Exedy OE CLutch kit for just £139.09 excl VAT. This I thought was a good buy so I decided to call up and order it to be delivered to my local branch here in Naaaarfolk. It should be here in a few days :)

Have a look. If you need a clutch then have a mooch ....
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/H...ssion/Clutch-and-Associated-Parts/Clutch-kits

It says out of stock but they have ordered it in. Also, I have only paid £129 and not the £139 as advertised.

Good times (unless someone here is going to tell me it's completely the wrong clutch and that the company are turds)

Just thought I'd pass on the love.

Ben,

From what I''ve heard, the Exeddy clutch is ver similar to the OEM, so you can't really go wrong for what you need it for. :D

I used them once for an abs sensor on the Fiesta which was £45 compared to Frauds wanting £132, they also seem to know their stuff in their as well. :)

Do so mate as i'm after a new one too. If they're that cheap i might see about a diff at the same time.

Hmm probably going to opt for a fit and forget one if i go for it. It'd be to improve the cars road manners more than track stuff too.

with the excedy oe cluthch, does anyone on here know if it is organic, only reason being i contacted abp motorsport and was told that they use exedy organic clutches. does anyone know if that is true. what is the difference between a normal oem clutch and a organic clutch??

with the excedy oe cluthch, does anyone on here know if it is organic, only reason being i contacted abp motorsport and was told that they use exedy organic clutches. does anyone know if that is true. what is the difference between a normal oem clutch and a organic clutch??

Think they also do a free-range one! :lol:

jokes aside, organic just means the friction material is made from something natural as opposed to something man-made e.g. ceramics. Man-made ones tend to be able to take more heat and battering.

1. 6.7 You acknowledge that we stock a large number of Goods and list a large number of Services. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some prices may be incorrectly listed. We are under no obligation to provide Goods or Services to you at an incorrect, lower price, even after we have acknowledged your order or despatched the Goods or started performance of the Services, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as mis-pricing.

Which means no hope of getting a clutch kit for £11 odd. T&C's are always worth a read before trying it on...

Back