• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Evo 8 wheels

Tempted to get Evo 8 wheels with 215/45/17 tyres with them, but my car is lowered on ABP Eibach 30mm all round.

Will I get rubbing issues? Or anyone else had the same situation?

Thank you.

Just found this for compatible wheel sizes - I'm not sure how reliable the source is... http://www.wheel-size.com/ guess you would hold them on with OEM Evo bolts...?

2.0 Type R
205/45 R17 7x17 ET41 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/45 R17 8x17 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/40 R17 8x17 ET39 / 7x17 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/40 R17 8x17 ET39 / 7.5x17 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/40 R17 8x17 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/45 R17 8x17 ET39 / 7x17 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/45 R17 8x17 ET39 / 7.5x17 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
215/35 R18 8x18 ET39 5x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1

And this from an Evo forum:
The stock Evo wheel is 17" x 8", 35mm offset, 5x114.3 mm bolt circle, 67mm centerbore.
Stock tire size is 235/45R17.

Lug nuts are 12mm x 1.5. They are Mitsubishi-specific lug nuts. They will not work with aftermarket wheels, nor wheel aftermarket lug nuts work with OEM Evo wheels.

Thanks! helpful.

I'm worried about having my car raised or roll arches to fit 215/45 with 30mm ABP springs.

I reckon it'll be OK to be honest - the wheels look very very similar in dimensions. Be interested to hear how you get on. I want Evo 8 wheels.

If you have a FRSU Jay, just run a little more camber if needed. If you don't go nuts, it won't affect the handling as much as you'd think and you'll still have the clearance for the wheels.

I reckon it'll be OK to be honest - the wheels look very very similar in dimensions. Be interested to hear how you get on. I want Evo 8 wheels.

Evo 8's are wider than OEM mate.

If you have a FRSU Jay, just run a little more camber if needed. If you don't go nuts, it won't affect the handling as much as you'd think and you'll still have the clearance for the wheels.

yeah have frsu already mate. will get the wheels first then start from there. Thank you for the info!

If it's any help Jay, my specs are 17x8.5 ET45 but I'm running a slight stretch on the tyres, they are 7.5 wide but you wouldn't tell tbh unless you really looked. The stretch is hardly noticeable, but it does help with the clearance. I get an ever so slight scrub on the front passenger side, but I think that's more to do with my plastics sitting low from having the bumper off so many times. And even when it does scrub, it's when there's a lot of load on the front eg. Heavy braking, and cornering hard to the right.

You Jay,I'm down 30 mm on eibachs and not long fitted evo 8's. Had a slight rub on my rear passenger arch but slight camber adjustment and no problem at all now! No arches Rolled either! Look for toyota studs though,i bought evo nuts and had problems with the thread and had to replace 7 studs after having them gunned on.... Toyota nuts fit perfect.... Get the evo 8's, you wont be dissapointed at all.....

Thank you! Hopefully getting them this weekend.

Wheels come with the aftermarket nuts so I won't need any nuts! Hopefully! ;)

Mine came with Evo nuts and I could tell the thread in them were gone so bought new Evo nuts and struggled to get them on so got blendini Motorsport to have a look and they took them to euro parts who said the thread on them was wrong for our studs!
The Toyota nuts are a way better fit,perfect!
Maybe you'll be ok,just check the nuts if they've already been on the car,if the threads dodgy and you have to buy new ones try the Toyota nuts! Hopefully you won't have to mess about as much as me! Worth it *** as you be happy with the look!

Tempted to get Evo 8 wheels with 215/45/17 tyres with them, but my car is lowered on ABP Eibach 30mm all round.

Will I get rubbing issues? Or anyone else had the same situation?

Thank you.

I had that exact combo and I had to get the rear arches rolled as they were catching, even after ABP increased the negative camber at the rear.

How bad was it mate? Cause I'll probably run the evo 8's for atleast for a month then get my arches rolled.

Long drive as well this coming weekend. (Full tank + 2 people) so I'm thinking it's gonna be bad. :(

It was just catching the edges of the tyres going round bends and over bumps. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing the car much harm but it sounded awful.

Obviously it was much worse with a full load.

Fitted the wheels earlier.

it's rubbing on rears, in corners and potholes, worse when I got load.

So will rolling the rear arches resolve the rubbing issues?

Thanks.

you got any pictures of them fitted? i'm also really interested in the evo wheels, if your car wasn't lowered do you think the tyres would still rub?

cheers.

Fitted the wheels earlier.

it's rubbing on rears, in corners and potholes, worse when I got load.

So will rolling the rear arches resolve the rubbing issues?

Thanks.

On mine it prevented the wheels catching on the metal, however with a full load round bends and over bumps it would still catch on the inner arch liners slightly, I could put up with it though.

you got any pictures of them fitted? i'm also really interested in the evo wheels, if your car wasn't lowered do you think the tyres would still rub?

cheers.

You'll be fine. Mine wasn't lowered until after I'd fitted the Evo wheels and I didn't get any rubbing with a 215/45 R17 until I'd lowered it.

Some pics of mine, I actually had the Evo 9 alloys but they are the same size and offset as the Evo 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back