• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Falken FK452

Had these on my car a good while now, (since my last post), no problems whatsoever and would reccomend them. I will be buying more as soon as my car eats the ones that Ive currently got. :)

How long have you had them on for?

End of May.

5'000 miles, one track day and a few doughnuts so far.

They still have tread left, and are well legal, but they went down quicker than I expected, plus I feel North Weald in November will be the end of them.

my toyo t1r's are just legal so think im gonna purchase a set of 4 :) are they really as good as everyone makes out because i heard that falken are near enough budget tyres?

my toyo t1r's are just legal so think im gonna purchase a set of 4 :) are they really as good as everyone makes out because i heard that falken are near enough budget tyres?

I'd have no problem with buying another set for my S2000, in fact I probably will.

Falken FK452s.

Had them on for around 5k, but still around 5mm of tread left. I have felt them losing a bit of grip in the dry but seem to be dismal in the wet. :(

225/40/18s BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Falken FK452s.

Had them on for around 5k, but still around 5mm of tread left. I have felt them losing a bit of grip in the dry but seem to be dismal in the wet. :(

225/40/18s BTW.

215/45/17s here. I find them really good in the wet, I've just done a little spirited driving / mororway. What pressures are you running?
Having said that I am used to rwd since that I drive my fwds totally different.

215/45/17s here. I find them really good in the wet, I've just done a little spirited driving / mororway. What pressures are you running?
Having said that I am used to rwd since that I drive my fwds totally different.

35 front 32 rear, OEM pressures.

That being said I've not checked them since we've come down to 12C from the tropical 20 somethings last week.

Worth checking with a digital guage

I put an extra Psi in my ATR. 36 front etc.

Only ever use a digi. :p

I'll have a fiddle at TDi on Friday.

Paul did mention it wasn't gripping particularly well last time he test drove it, he asked what are the pressures, but Neil had done them the week before while I was up before the MOT so I had no idea. They were right when I checked the other day.

I said it would be the tyres which I'm sure it is.

They aren't a patch on the F1 Asymetric 2s I had fitted to the wife's before her prang.

John, try dropping a couple of PSI from the front, see how that changes things?

John, try dropping a couple of PSI from the front, see how that changes things?

I will do. Like I said I'll try the "Handling track" near TDi on Friday with some different pressures and see what the crack is.

They were grippy at first but seem to have gone off.

Back