• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fault with car... quick reply needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my own ECU put back in on Saturday to replace the one I was loaned by Paul at TDi North. Managed to drive the 30 miles home from his garage with no problems but when I came to start the car again, the engine light came on and the car won't rev over 4000.

Tried plugging in the USB lead and running KManager to firgure out what the fault code is, but in all honesty, I don't know what I'm doing :roll:

Tried clearing the DTC but the light just comes back on again after about 20 seconds.

Any ideas? Car is pretty much crippled now the rev limiter forces itself at 4000rpm :(

Re: Fault with car... wrong section, but quick reply needed

Ultim8_Evil said:
Had my own ECU put back in on Saturday to replace the one I was loaned by Paul at TDi North. Managed to drive the 30 miles home from his garage with no problems but when I came to start the car again, the engine light came on and the car won't rev over 4000.

Tried plugging in the USB lead and running KManager to firgure out what the fault code is, but in all honesty, I don't know what I'm doing :roll:

Tried clearing the DTC but the light just comes back on again after about 20 seconds.

Any ideas? Car is pretty much crippled now the rev limiter forces itself at 4000rpm :(

Sorry to give you the obvious answer but it's best to leave this to the experts. Phone paul in the morning. The car should be driveable below 4000 rpm, so you should be able to drive it back there. Sorry can't be of anymore help. :|

Check all the conector plugs on the sensors, make sure nothing has come undone.

What is the fault code you are getting?

Do you have the latest Kmanager software on your laptop?

Anything constructive to add there Pete, or is it a case of waiting to see if certain folks rise to the bait you have so obviously laid out there...

Someone with an issue needs help, please keep all replies to the topic, or I (in my unbiased way) will delete them into oblivion.

You have been warned. I thank you.

G said:
Anything constructive to add there Pete, or is it a case of waiting to see if certain folks rise to the bait you have so obviously laid out there...

Someone with an issue needs help, please keep all replies to the topic, or I (in my unbiased way) will delete them into oblivion.

That's a bit harsh mate. :? Why are you defending TDi ? Do you work for them or something? :?:

Ohh and the problem is car has gone into limp mode plug in Laptop and see what the error code is, then ontact your tuner, and he will be able to see what problem is from that error code

For the meantime your knackered

Re: Fault with car... wrong section, but quick reply needed

Ultim8_Evil said:

There's an option in KPro to enable / disable 'limp' mode which is like a 'get me home' mode when an error occurs.

You can always disable this but it might be an idea to find out what the fault it before doing this so that your confident its not actually a genuine fault.

- Kevin.

adelphi said:
G said:

That's a bit harsh mate. :? Why are you defending TDi ? Do you work for them or something? :?:

In what way was I being harsh? I was merely asking for the thread to be kept on track, as I know how these things get out of hand. Pete knows exactly what he was doing. It is funny however I have been accused of being biased before, which, if you, and they had a clue, you'd realise was most ironic.

Anyway out of respect to Ultim8, please take on board my original post, and for the last time keep responses relevant.

And just to show I mean business, here is an emoticon for free:

:smt011

Pete for fecks sake, you know of all people I have never gotten involved with that before. I ask for some restraint and I get flack. So therefore I will act like an arse back. And delete the irrelevent posts as promised. :D And dont give me any bowlacks about free speach.

Oh and locked as the question has been answered, I'm tired and cannot be bovvered to argue anymore.

P.S I am 40 next week, so am having a bit of a middlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back