• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 owners/pre-orders thread

I think it is purely in the name of style. I don't think you'd get glare due to the angle and the profile

give it a few months and you will prob be able to get a carbon fibre aftermarket part :twisted:

Hi im new and really interested in having am fd2 as my next car i was just wondering how high is the insurance on one of these beasts? Im 28 with 5 years no claims. And what companies are the best for insuring these cars?

Hi mate

I am a year older than you with 9 yrs NCD (most companies don't count past 5) and have a full comp quote for £640 with Sky insurance

:smt023
One of the conditions of getting one was that I'd be able to insure it at a decent price. I wouldn't have bothered if it was near 4 figures. The atr was only costing me 400!

Hi mate, well obviously that's based upon my postcode, NCD, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain comments on a public forum should be PM material guys. ;)

Big brother is always watching - expecially the sticky fingered variety. :mad:

Would be wise to get some good security on this though, i'm currently looking into a few things besides the cat 1

I know i would, theres no such thing as too much security, or maybe there is i heard of a bloke once who had so much security it took him about 10 mins just to get into his car!

Then one night after a party came back to the car park went though the procedures to disarm everything then got whacked on the back of his head and got his car nicked! The car was found within a few hours but it was a burnt out write off.

How about that? It made me think twice i can tell you.

And girls don't drive FD2's...
:lol:

This one will!! :lol:

Can't wait to see one and have a drive. I currently have C/W DC5 and love it! From what I've heard, the FD2 is just as good. :cool: It happens to have 4 doors as well, something which I've missed in my Civic Type R and my Teg.

My name is Chris and I'm a Hondaholic...oh, sorry, wrong meeting....
:lol:

:lol: :lol: Aren't we all?!?

PS- Guys, there's nothing wrong with meets, it's a good way to get together and chat about the cars/ mods etc :D The FD2 is very much anticipated by most of the crowd on here and we'd all love to see one in the flesh. Your meet won't be that small TBH.

.........Can I come along by the way??? [-o<

Cereal - how are you getting on with insurance - any quotes yet?

Yep. All done and dusted.
It was almost exactly the same for the two. But then again I am 34 and have almost 10 years no claims now.
The bonus is, because it'll technically be a company car, I get taxed on the emissions....however this car is actually lower for emissions than my ATR so I save about £40 a month on that!

Sweet!

The bonus is, because it'll technically be a company car, I get taxed on the emissions....however this car is actually lower for emissions than my ATR so I save about £40 a month on that!

Sweet!

Man, I sounded like a nerd then!

:D

FD2 company car?! - that's ridiculous!

Emissions are very good, especially if you have a Litchfield one :cool:

Can I ask you who you have tried for insurance just incase I can get a better quote?

Back