• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Finally changed to Greenlight.

G

A veritable chap
Well after being with Privilage for 9 years, and tbh was hapy with the service and quotes. I thought I'd ring around today.

So I gave Neil a ring at Greenlight after hearing the good things people have said on the forum.

I ran though all my mods (he knows waaaay too much) listed everything from the Supercharger to the gear knob.

Old quote was £719 plus £400 excess with Privilage (The excess went up a LOT this year :()

New Quote £567 plus £250 excess.

So needless to say I am going with them.

Cheers Neil :D

Good man, Greenlight rock big time, Neil and Darren really take care of our premiums big time 8) 8)

Yes, and it was not quite as good as the Greenlight. However I will be ringing them re the wifes Scooby. AS they seem to be pretty good on those :)

G said:
Yes, and it was not quite as good as the Greenlight. However I will be ringing them re the wifes Scooby. AS they seem to be pretty good on those :)

You should have asked A-Plan to better the quote and then gone back the Greenlight :D

- Kevin.

A-Plan beat Greenlight for me by £100, and Greenlight couldn't match it. I suppose it depends on your circumstances

TBH £567 is a nice low quote considering G's mods!

Obviously growing old has it's advantages :shock: :lol: :wink:

elephant is my current insurer at £790 with 4 named drivers.

parents, brother (22) and my gf (21).

I rang greenlight and made me smile with a quote of £750

then ringing A-plan i smiled even wider with a quote of £695.

can anyone else go cheaper? baring in mind that greenlight and aplan counldn't cover my brother nor gf so just me and a set of oldies.

Seems like I will be joining the Greenlight gang shortly! :lsabre:

Neil quoted me £667.00 with £250 excess / £50K legal assistance / Comprehensive cover / Business Class 1 use / Me and my wife on the policy. :p :D

Thumbs up for Neil ! :smt023

Failed to find a cheaper quote elsewhere! :x

My renewal quote from Norwich Union Direct was £730 with £220 excess (not bad I must say!)

The 2nd lowest quote I managed to get was from Elephant.co.uk, they quoted me £650 with £100 excess but was for 10 months policy.

The thing I like with Greenlight is the track cover and they are not that fussed with mods, as I reckon I could of got mine a bit cheaper but they don't offer these benefits.

Others may seem cheaper in the short term but in the long term when you start adding bits then I bet they are miles ahead of everyone else :D

Also the track cover they offer for £50 per event is fantastic as it would cost you probably a £100 more if you went to a third party just for the cover on that alone

Carl

N77 said:
Also the track cover they offer for £50 per event is fantastic as it would cost you probably a £100 more if you went to a third party just for the cover on that alone

Carl

The track cover is great but, that wasn't available with the policy they offered me as it was with a different insurance company. If I wanted to go with Highways so I could get track cover for £50 I would be paying well over £300 more on my policy :(

A-plan have just quoted me £1300 - for 2 mods that have no impact on the BHP, and only me on the policy! :shock: :x I think not......

I'm gonna shop around I think. I can't believe that it's so expensive for me! :shock: My credentials are'nt that bad.

Foxy red said:
A-plan have just quoted me £1300 - for 2 mods that have no impact on the BHP, and only me on the policy! :shock: :x I think not......

I'm gonna shop around I think. I can't believe that it's so expensive for me! :shock: My credentials are'nt that bad.

You'd be alright if you were single, having a pikey bf bumps your premium up Nat :wink: :lol:

HASNIC said:
Foxy red said:

You'd be alright if you were single, having a pikey bf bumps your premium up Nat :wink: :lol:

Ah! ...so that's what my problem is.... :roll: :lol:

just phoned them up... was told by Darren not to bother before he took down any details, because they wouldn't be interested in quoting around the £600 mark, which was my current renewal price

waste of a phone call

p_$$_d off

Would have liked to get the trackday insurance package... but will look around for somewhere else now.

Shackbleep said:
just phoned them up... was told by Darren not to bother before he took down any details, because they wouldn't be interested in quoting around the £600 mark, which was my current renewal price

waste of a phone call

p_$$_d off

Would have liked to get the trackday insurance package... but will look around for somewhere else now.

At least they told you outright.....rather than some companies who take you all the way through and then go...'actually we ae no where near, but we do offer free courtesy cars etc' :roll:

Back