• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First major crash!

Had abit of a bump in Leeds last night due to the weather and in need of a decent garage to get the work done.

I managed to slide down a icy road on abit of a hill, across a junction missing on-coming traffic, head on into a high kerb and launched me into a 6ft iron fence! :eek: Now in need of a new radiator, air-con, alloys and front bumper. So gutted its untrue!

I've spoke to insurance and they said i can use a garage of my choice or one of there appointed one's. Has anyone had any work done at the Honda dealers bodyshop in Derby at all?

Is this kind of damage cat d? It's my first crash and not really up on what to do to be honest, i know when it's fixed it won't be the way i remembered it and wonder whether it would be worth trading in and getting a new motor. Any views?

Tell me about it, i've just ordered a tub of Dodo juice purple haze and won't be able to use it yet. I just don't know if i'll love to the car as much as i did as before the accident.

Was quite impressed that it didn't stall! :p

Really sorry to hear this mate, but at least you are ok, that's the main thing.

Honda Derby use a private firm for bodyshop repairs on Stores Road. If you do go there then expect your car to be driven away for assessment. Advanced Autobody on the Ascot Drive estate is my bodyshop of choice.

Quote taken from this thread

shame to hear, my dad had a similar experience in his 911 last night it is now written off. Apparently he wasn't going fast at all, my mum said she didn't even feel the concrete post they hit....... it just seemed to take the back of the car off and rip the wheel off as well and send them down a 20 foot hill :rolleyes:

Oldies need to stay in in the snow.

shame to hear, my dad had a similar experience in his 911 last night it is now written off. Apparently he wasn't going fast at all, my mum said she didn't even feel the concrete post they hit....... it just seemed to take the back of the car off and rip the wheel off as well and send them down a 20 foot hill :rolleyes:

Oldies need to stay in in the snow.

:eek:

Hope your parents are ok?

It does sound an insurance jobby mate.

Go to advanced autobody in Derby (Sandown Rd) - Off Ascot drive.

Tell them what's happened, and they will advise you very well.

That's if it's driveable?

Chris.

Not good news. However, flesh and bones are a bit more difficult to fix and the car has also done its job in taking care of you. Good to know you are in one piece. ;)

As for using approved insurance bodyshops, then I would go for the Honda approved one. The name eludes me at the moment but I'm sure a quick call to Jeff or Kam at Honda Derby will give you a number. I think Advanced Autobody are more cosmetic repairs rather than component rejigging and mending.

I hope that the repairs are speedy and tidy and that the love does not disappear. :D

Sorry to hear about this dude, I was gutted when neil told me the other day, glad your okay though!

I had a dent/chip done by Holdcroft group bodycentre when some little cretin threw a stone at my door and I must say the work was top notch very impressed with it in fact i cant even tell it was there. I thought it would eat away at me like you say but it hasn't as soon as you sit back in the recaros it will be happy days again ;)

You really must NOT worry so much mate, I was in a similar position, it drove me mad. But all will be sorted, what's your excess like?

Chris.

Not good news. However, flesh and bones are a bit more difficult to fix and the car has also done its job in taking care of you. Good to know you are in one piece. ;)

As for using approved insurance bodyshops, then I would go for the Honda approved one. The name eludes me at the moment but I'm sure a quick call to Jeff or Kam at Honda Derby will give you a number. I think Advanced Autobody are more cosmetic repairs rather than component rejigging and mending.

I hope that the repairs are speedy and tidy and that the love does not disappear. :D

I've called them today and they said its going castle donnington for repairs, well thats before i agree. Honestly thinking about it, i remember honda using a bodyshop round corner from lookers, so they're not going to be any more experienced than another. I mean you have the odd few, but most are ok right?

You really must NOT worry so much mate, I was in a similar position, it drove me mad. But all will be sorted, what's your excess like?

How does £750 sound!!! I can't believe it to be honest, i saw the excess as £250 when i argeed to directline, though it turns out thats the additional as i'm classed as a young driver! (only 23 mind! :evil:)

£750?! :eek:

Has DirectLine imposed a basic £500 excess then an optional top-up (per se) on that and not made it clear?

That sucks big hairy donkey balls... :evil:

I had the choice of bodyshops and chose my own. Paintwork was a bit iffy on the first attempt so a respray and mop was done to make it near perfect. If you could get it into Derby Honda's preferred place then I feel it would make it easier to get to (being in Derby town centre - #38 bus) and the turnaround may be faster due to having the parts/supply chain already in place.

Gutted for you Storry but as least your ok- trust me, i know exactly how you feel as i had my first accident (and claimed) last August.

Your repair bill doesnt sound too bad compared to mine- mine was only a low speed impact and i had to my front (complete) bumper replaced, driver side headlamp unit and new radiator and the repair bill from the bodyshop was more than that!!

Hope you get sorted real soon

Gary

£750?! :eek:

Has DirectLine imposed a basic £500 excess then an optional top-up (per se) on that and not made it clear?

That sucks big hairy donkey balls... :evil:

I had the choice of bodyshops and chose my own. Paintwork was a bit iffy on the first attempt so a respray and mop was done to make it near perfect. If you could get it into Derby Honda's preferred place then I feel it would make it easier to get to (being in Derby town centre - #38 bus) and the turnaround may be faster due to having the parts/supply chain already in place.

I've spoke to directline and i'm just getting it done with thet're garage as i need my car back asap to be honest. I've already explained about the problems i've had in past and i'm going to ask them to jack car up and take front wheels off when i collect it to i can give it the once over.

Gutted for you Storry but as least your ok- trust me, i know exactly how you feel as i had my first accident (and claimed) last August.

Your repair bill doesnt sound too bad compared to mine- mine was only a low speed impact and i had to my front (complete) bumper replaced, driver side headlamp unit and new radiator and the repair bill from the bodyshop was more than that!!

Hope you get sorted real soon

Gary

Mine was a low speed impact (ish) how much do you think it'll be at a guess on what i said?

It's quite normal to only mention the voluntary excess but then provide a clickable link or asterisk to point out the compulsory. :evil: I noticed just how many insurance companies are doing this now when I was shopping around for insurance for the R32.

Yeah i noticed this last night, quite annoyed it wasn't as clear! Though it's my own fault for not scanning the site tbh.

Weighing things up as they are, either way i don't think i'm going to be totally happy with it so might end up getting rid. Have any of you ever thought this way about crashes?

I was like that when I had a bump in my old car, just a corsa but at the time my pride and joy.

Once it was fixed up it was ok though, I was glad to get it back, hopefully you feel the same

Back