• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Type-R. Milano UK DC2.

Small update.. I'm pretty damn sure that cars have a "sense" of when you have fitted new shiny parts and on purposely break as soon as you've spent all your money. N/S Rear wheel started making a funny noise a couple of weeks ago.. Good old bearings!

So bought myself a new hub assembly, oh and my new snap off NRG boss :D

423644_3434032215754_1383051110_n.jpg

I wanted to get the wheel aswell this month .. But the hub cost just the same and seemed to have been more important. Less than chuffed!! The inner race got stuck on the axle (no surprise) so had to do the risky job of taking a dremel to make a groove and chisel the thing off. The whole job took 3 hours which I guess is ok, just hoping the other doesn't go anytime soon!

419356_3444379714435_1418896001_3307341_2096503691_n.jpg

Si.

I apologise for photo quality pictures, one of our new brands is DGR coilovers.

Fitted a set last Thursday to my DC2, pretty chuffed so far! It's a bit too low for my liking so will be raising 5-10mm tonight afterwork. Removing the old suspension was the most nightmarish job I've done yet on the car. The rubber on the rear lower eyelet perished and span the inner sleeve which had welded itself to the LCA bolt. Not only that but the rear ARB bolt has snapped and left the rest of the bolt stuck in the captive nut on the LCA and the front ARB bush has gone and pulled itself out of the lower wishbone. Parts are on order which I'm collecting on Thursday. We started at 6PM afterwork, and finished at 1:30AM. All in a nights work.

540614_3604205989992_1418896001_3385095_639266829_n.jpg

529683_3604206350001_1418896001_3385096_1413263978_n.jpg

556166_3591683196930_1418896001_3376090_180554315_n.jpg

Anyone attending South Mimms on Sunday 8th? I'll be going so would be nice to meet some people :)

Simon

Oh! This also happened a couple of weeks ago:

426919_3505564884026_1418896001_3335556_1898152481_n.jpg

Grandpa car but will easily keep strong for another 100K!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while since I've done an update, probably the most boring of boring updates.

The car has turned into a complete reservoir, rear light seals like most Tegs have gone so I can now go for lengths in my wheel well (still cleaner than our local swimming pool). Ordering some from Hendy once payday rears it's head and will hopefully fix the issue.

I'm already dreading the MOT, despite it being 4 weeks away as last year it cost a ridiculous amount to get it through. Bought a new JDM DC2 CAT from Jap Performance Parts to match up to the J's exhaust and a DC Sports manifold as the standard UK-Spec manifolds are tiny. I don't even know how the car makes power with it fitted.

DSC_0002-8.jpg

Plans after the MOT is to get it into Daz @ Endless Horizon for a rolling road map as it's apparently blowing out loads of black smoke in VTEC and running rich. Decat doesn't help but after last years dyno showed, the car is tailing off once it's get to VTEC so something isn't right.

Simon

Went out tonight, thought the car deserved a clean as nothing new seems to have broken on me yet. Haven't used the SLR since before fitting the coilovers so was pretty fun.

MOT in 3 weeks, fingers crossed this year everything is ok!

DSC_0002-9.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0007-4.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

Simon

Car passed it's MOT :D .. 3 advisories two of which were corrosion to various brake lines so will need to get that sorted and an upper suspension ball joint. I'm planning on getting some Buddyclub camber adjusters, has anyone tried these before? Not sure if the Buddyclub or Skunk2 ones would be better in terms of quality etc.

During the MOT I had a DC Sports manifold fitted and with the decat it does feel much better! Looking to buy a Rywire conversion harness shortly too and get the car in for mapping on Neptune.

Bought these for the car as well as a HAMP oil filter and got it serviced at the same time:

DSC_0002-10.jpg

Si.

Think it was chop, but someone has had a right problem with the buddy club ones. Properly bent and distorted and buddy club just gave him two fingers

Ok so, it's been absolutely ages since I've updated this thread. There hasn't been too much movement on the car in general, however in August I got around having an AEM UEGO fitted to the Teg and Daz over at Endless Horizon mapped the car on Neptune for me. Happy with the results 3 months or so down the line, however the power is flatting out higher in the range which I've been advised could be to do with a breakdown of age in the ignition system. So next month will be spark plugs, dizzy end & rotor.

Crappy phone image of the gauge in, mounted on the dash just above the right heater vent. Not a fan of pillar pods to be honest:

215402_4450464665930_1173598779_n.jpg

The car made just shy of 195HP which I'm pretty happy with as the engine work is all just breathing mods.

20121012_221400.jpg

I've had a NRG 2.5 snap off hub kit sitting around since about January, bought it with the intention of getting a wheel the following month etc but stuff always come up. FINALLY thought **** it, and bought myself a new wheel this month. Went for a Personal Neo Grinta 350MM / leather with red stitching to match the black Recaro's & the gear gaitor. Trying to keep the interior all as simple as possible!

20121001_182518.jpg

Can't wait to get it on the car to be honest.. When that will be is another question. But atleast all the stuff is there now to bang it on (bought black screws so I don't have to use the crap silver ones, small details).

20121005_130229.jpg

Next I got the more pricey part of an ignition service out of the way and got myself some new Magnecor KV85 leads. Leaving these off the car too until I've sorted the other stuff, I don't see the point in fitting them just to fit them I guess.

Oh and.. how the car is now.. Not much change!

BAM..

DSC_0010-4.jpg

Really should start getting around to updating this more frequently, other **** has been done I'm sure.. But over the months I've forgotten. The massive let down of this car for me, is still the paintwork. Looks great in pictures, but up close it has some really deep scars like someone has ground off the old paint, then sprayed right over it. It's so depressing when cleaning the car, but I've got a 12 month saving plan sorted beginning in January to have the car looking good in a reasonable (ish) amount of time whilst saving to move out.

Si.

Proper good power results from a UK! Looks good.. Red is a million times better than white!

Nice,

I had a UK MR DC2 as well.

I see you're in Northampton too ;)

Didn't realize you're from Northampton Stoo. Haven't seen your car at all. Can't believe I've had the DC2 for over 2 years now, seems like 2 seconds since I started this thread.

I've decided to fit the steering wheel tomorrow, I shall let you guys know if I break my face during the process and removal of the original wheel ;)

Si.

Yeah, only been here a few months, Where abouts are you??

I don't have a Honda any more. Usually an Audi of some description!

When removing the wheel, dont take the nut off completely when loosening it.
Leave it on until it's loose.
It avoids wheel to face incidents.

We're based over Moulton Park Industrial Estate, not far from the University & Kingsthorpe.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to do that then, I know it's Halloween soon but I'd rather not have a mashed in nose or something!

Si.

so amaze! really nice this! love the steering wheel! NRG 2.5 is amazing! have that too! but contemplating in getting the new carbon fibre style of the 2.0!

Thanks, it's coming together slowly!

Unfortunately, there's no broken face pictures, I took Stoo's advice and didn't take the nut fully off before loosening the wheel and getting it free from the column.

Apologies for the quality, they're from my phone. I'll get some better images when I do another shoot.

317836_4850717311996_569924200_n.jpg

Did the "resistor trick". Worked great and so there's no SRS light and the passenger airbag will still work.

IMG_20121027_143000.jpg

Still need to wire in the horn, I'll do that when I service it during November as I've just purchased some new spark plugs, rotor & dizzy cap too.

Si.

Been a while since an update, it's been very slow going over Christmas, but I've bought these:

59990_10200227207469067_1190806899_n.jpg

Looking forward to getting them on, they're Pro+ series which I've heard good things about. The Magnecor leads failed after 4 weeks & returned a misfire on 2 cylinders, went back to OEM.

Question for you guys, J&R driveshafts.. Have any of you used them? Any problems? My nearside outer CV has split & the offside inner CV is knocking like mad to the point it's pulsing through the clutch pedal which can't be very good. More off the road time :mad: but it's a choice between those or used OEM shafts, unless anyone has used another brand, maybe Hasport or something?

Si.

Back