• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting tyres bought online?

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas of any garages in the Manchester or Stockport area that will fit tyres that Ive bought online from Camskill, as my local one wants £40+vat just to fit two of them. I think thats a bit expensive really, and I'm pretty sure I only paid half of that last time, but unfortunately the garage I used last time is no longer in business.

Can't help locally - but if you go to a place that sells used/part worns, they should do it for £7 a tyre.

yep joe is on the money.

franchised or independently run tyre places don't like fitting tyres bought off the internet elsewhere as the money isn't really in the fitment charges, it's the selling of the product. this among other reasons like sometimes tyres are bad out the factory and if you get them fitted there but they were supplied from TYREZONLINE.NET and are faulty then the sh*t hits the fan and they're in the middle.

places that fit partworns aren't a bad bet from the cost side. problem there is that these guys are generally back street garages run as a money laundering front or with fresh of the boat employees who don't understand how picky you are about your precious £800 alloys, whoops, crunch. "what iz mean wheel balance?" they're used to fitting £12 partworn sanyangs to african john's executive burgundy rover 75 on hubcaps.

a good bet is an independent car garage. once you have a relationship with those guys for fixing your car and fitting tyres you may find they'll fit and balance your tyres for a crate of beers. shame you're not down this way i know lots of chaps.

tread carefully down those backstreets now.

Broze you're Stockport way aren't you? Try Hempshaws just off the A6 near St Christophers house. Used to use them for MOTs, good solid garage.

shoulda gone to http://www.blackcircles.com/ which I heard about on here in the tyre section incidentally (TRO is good for something :) )

from this site you can order tyres delivered to your door, or you can select them to be delivered, booked in and and then fitted at a local garage, and there were several available in my area. I just paid £258 for 2x bridgestone re40's fitted including balance, revalving, disposal and whatever. On camskill the tyres were £112 each each + £6 deliver I believe. So call that £230 for two and i've basically paid £28 for the labour/fitting etc and I would doubt I can find much cheaper than that tbh.
I think rossy is right about the profit being from the sale of the tyres because I went to 3 local tyre places and they all seemed to think bridgestone re40's were £160 each to order, yet they were willing to fit them for free :rolleyes:. p.s I don't work for this http://www.blackcircles.com/, honest :p

I had a garage go all reluctant on me to fit my internetz tyres. He was like "narr i don't fit internet tyres there's no money in it, init"

I was like "£50 cash for half an hours work sounds like good money to me"

He was like "s'pose"

To cut a long story short, the end.

Blackcircle is a good all in one but not always the cheapest all in.

I bought from Camskill and then just rang all the local tyre garages, kwik-fit, hiQ etc. None of them seemed to have an issue fitting the tyres but I get what people are saying above about reluctance and possible problems. I got all 4 tyres fitted and balanced for £60 in the end which was still cheaper than using Camskill.

Blackcircle is a good all in one but not always the cheapest all in.

I bought from Camskill and then just rang all the local tyre garages, kwik-fit, hiQ etc. None of them seemed to have an issue fitting the tyres but I get what people are saying above about reluctance and possible problems. I got all 4 tyres fitted and balanced for £60 in the end which was still cheaper than using Camskill.

So you got 4 tyres fitted for £60? I got 2 tyres fitted for £28 which makes me the winner! :D

crappy site. I can't get it to search for re40's. blackcircle tells you based on your car registration :p

EDIT: ok got quoted for £12 less than blackcircles, seems I got owned :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for blackcircles, I'm just posting an alternative choice, one which I've found to be amongst the cheapest online.

Back