• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Been and looked at it. Test drove it. Banter about driving it away today, which then turned to that it would need to be prepped and the earliest would be to tomorrow.

Then the dealer came back from speaking to the sales principle. They said I can put a deposit on it now but can't have it until the replacement demo arrives in January (and that's not guaranteed, it's just the date that is showing on the order system, it could be later) and if anyone wants a ride in the mean time they have to let them as they've already sold their demo and need to have one on site. I've never heard of anything so ludicrous in my life.

I don't know how I kept my cool in the showroom, I really don't. If the wife and kid hadn't of been with me I think I might just have flipped.

Annoyed doesn't cut it.

Seriously John? That's disgusting and if that's the case I would definitely be spending my money with the BMW dealer

Yet another fvck up by Honda / Honda dealer in a line that doesnt seem to be slowing down.

How could they ever justify using someones car as a demo?!
Plus the fact that you'd be in the same position as before, waiting on a car to be manfactored before getting yours and having no idea when that would be.

The fact you have been and test driven this model again today shows that you have rushed in to the BMW. If you go for the BMW and your heart really isn't with it then I think that may be a financially poor decision ! I agree that honda have messed up with the release of the car but I have been reading that many cars are now being delivered, the chances are if you hadn't cancelled your order on the blue gt then you would be taking delivery of it very soon.

I have also read that other cars are available immediately if you aren't too bothered about the colour, I would probably have any of the other colours except red. My first preference on this would be the polished metal, then white then black, blue , red.

I think you're suffering impatience without having a car you can tinker with , your car history shows you are quite erratic and impulsive with your car buying (with respect)

I think you actually really want an fk2 but are frustrated.

Did you ask to see what cars are available to drive away on the honda systems ? I'm sure there's some cancelled orders that are waiting to be fulfilled. I've seen a guy talking about how his blue one became available sooner than expected .. That may well have been the one assigned to you !

I've found another one local, Milano. It is in fact the first car I test drove.

Picking it up next Saturday.

I'd agree with Dotty. Fúck the trains and buy a beater for the winter, take your mind off everything and run it over the Xmas. Wait until it's all settled in the new year and there's no more hiccups from Honda.

Granted the clusterfúck from Honda is disgraceful but BMW have always been complete charmers in the customer service department to keep you sucked in. My friend brought his E46 for an airbag recall last year and he said the receptionist may as well have offered him a blowie if they were to make him any more comfortable. Then the airbag light came on again early this year so he called them and they told him to come in. Not only did they tell him the replacement needed to be replaced again and they wont cover it twice, they also tried to charge him for the diagnostics as "another airbag fault popped up during the scan that he didn't mention on the phone."

Let it all settle and run smoothly and then decide where to spend your money. Look at the chaps on the forum who put down deposits early and now have their cars and love them despite all the delays etc. I'd be interested in how many people went to dealers looking to order one after the initial batches were delivered and there was proper Joe Soap reviews and seeing them on the road.

Dotty's right about making sure you end up with the car you truly want John, it's a lot of money to spend and regret it, even though the BMW is a superb option which I'm sure you would be more than happy with.

For the dealer to say you can leave a deposit on the car, not have it until January and let others come and abuse it on test drives is disgusting though and I would have politely told him to go and shove it.

The main thing is if it's the FK2 that you really want then order a brand new one and hold out for delivery even if that ends up being during the first quarter of next year.

Back