• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It all ends a bit quickly, you look a bit sheepish and ask, "Was that alright for you?"

[video=youtube;1TxIDfTZYJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxIDfTZYJ8[/video]

I really want one of them if they decide to keep it the same as the concept. Got a feeling it is going to be way too expensive for a Civic though.

I love Honda adverts. I still think the car looks pretty crass and ham-fisted in the detailing, but maybe that's the trend just now. I'd prefer a simpler look, more like EP3 than FN2. Even the FN2 was remarkably quiet compared to this.

Honda really do make some of the best ads!
Personally I absolutely love the look of the concept and think far too many cars in the market try too hard to look subtle and boring. These already enough that do that. I prefer them to be a bit in your face and look purposeful. Don't see the point in owning the powerful, premium version of the car and then making it look like the rest unless I was over 50, even then I'd still want it to be a bit in your face :) . Luckily both sides of the market are covered now. I hope to God it does look like the concept.

Lol at boost-tec!

That looks amazing - I hope they keep the styling like the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely it has got to be looking pretty similar to the concept, he says optimistically? You wouldn't start promo ads on something radically different, surely?

Surely it has got to be looking pretty similar to the concept, he says optimistically? You wouldn't start promo ads on something radically different, surely?

I agree it must look similar to the concept car or why start publicising it.

Honda are renowned for keeping the final car near-identical to their concepts. Look at the last two CTRs. I have every faith they are doing the same with this. As you guys say, why publicise it otherwise. They'd basically be advertising an imaginary product.

I think we need to worry more about the cost. Particularly when a spec'd normal Civic is pushing £23-24K!

Honda really do make some of the best ads!
Personally I absolutely love the look of the concept and think far too many cars in the market try too hard to look subtle and boring. These already enough that do that. I prefer them to be a bit in your face and look purposeful. Don't see the point in owning the powerful, premium version of the car and then making it look like the rest unless I was over 50, even then I'd still want it to be a bit in your face :) . Luckily both sides of the market are covered now. I hope to God it does look like the concept.

I'm 68 years young in September and if I were to buy one I'd want it to look the business, not plain and boring like the rest of the range.

I'm pretty sure they were going for £27k when they first started talking about it. Maybe we should start a poll. The person who guesses the nearest base model type R price (on the road) wins a New type R. £20 a person?? Should only need 1500 people to cover it then, with a few extras on top.

Who's in???

The billboard "We R Back" advert is up in Witham, had a good look at it earlier today.

Advertising a car not available until next year? Very odd Honda.

I can understand wanting to generate interest but how many people will contact a dealer asking about the Type R being back, only to be told that next year is the earliest you can have one?

We will take a deposit now if you like Sir????? :roll: :lol:

Back