• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Could the 7K redline just be a mapped redline? Just to protect that specific lump in early shake downs round the Ring?

Who knows Ed, it's on the clocks which could be changed between now and then I suppose.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-13-35-56.png

Anything less than 300bhp and a 2.0 liter engine will be disappointing. Also it has a fat arse still!

Really? Its a performance Honda engine, I'm sure it'll be good. I'm more interested to know the weight of the car and the chassis and suspension setup.

7k red line. :|

I can't help but shed a tear to this.

I know it's going to be a turbo lump but I did hold out a small hope it would be another high rever. My 3.7 V6 revs to 7500rpm FFS.

Either way, I still have high hopes for this Honda :D .

Could the 7K redline just be a mapped redline? Just to protect that specific lump in early shake downs round the Ring?

There isn't really any need to redline higher as the power delivery will be completely different from the turbo. Nice low down grunt and plenty of torque.

Anything less than 300bhp and a 2.0 liter engine will be disappointing. Also it has a fat arse still!

Lol wut?

285bhp from a 2.0 lump is more than enough in standard guise for the average punter. Those who want to get their tune on will be able to rack it up to well over 300bhp at a snap of the cost it currently takes to squeeze a few ponies out of a N/A Honda lump.

Lol wut?

285bhp from a 2.0 lump is more than enough in standard guise for the average punter. Those who want to get their tune on will be able to rack it up to well over 300bhp at a snap of the cost it currently takes to squeeze a few ponies out of a N/A Honda lump.

Good shout, being a turbo it should be far easier and cheaper to tune should you want more power.

I think it's shaping up nicely can't wait to see the end result!

A simple map would surely push it to 310ish, add a turbo back exhaust, filter and fuel pump you could easily have 330hp.

Or am I being optimistic?

A simple map would surely push it to 310ish, add a turbo back exhaust, filter and fuel pump you could easily have 330hp.

Or am I being optimistic?

Why even think about it at this stage? I'm sure it will be perfectly usable out of the box.

Then wait for the tuners to get to work. Then wait for the guinea pigs to try the various set ups, then it will become apparent which set up is best.

Chasing boost figures always ends up in a popped engine.

Go on mlr and read that for yourself.

Why even think about it at this stage? I'm sure it will be perfectly usable out of the box.

Then wait for the tuners to get to work. Then wait for the guinea pigs to try the various set ups, then it will become apparent which set up is best.

Chasing boost figures always ends up in a popped engine.

Go on mlr and read that for yourself.

Only if you're chasing big figures.

300+ bhp should be easily achievable for under £500.

The issue I see here, is that being a Europe only edition, we won't get much (if anything) from the big jap companies. As Dotty said, guinea pigs will be required for trial and error tuning. Big risk on a brand new car. I think progress will be slow in developing good quality upgrades for this car.

Also, by then you'll be able to pick up a decent GTR for 30k...

The issue I see here, is that being a Europe only edition, we won't get much (if anything) from the big jap companies. As Dotty said, guinea pigs will be required for trial and error tuning. Big risk on a brand new car. I think progress will be slow in developing good quality upgrades for this car.

Also, by then you'll be able to pick up a decent GTR for 30k...

None of the other manufacturers tuning companies seem to have this issue, Japanese or otherwise.

If anything, it will stimulate healthy competition from homegrown tuners etc which will also mean the customer will not have to pay through the teeth for overpriced JDM tat.

Back