• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

TDI North posted on their FB page they've started on their FK2. Dyno run today and a 3in exhaust going on tomorrow

You won't see it online. Don't expect discount either, the dealers are making very little on them, go for mats and a tank of fuel and consider yourself lucky if they agree!
Yeah best I got was mats and half a tank of fuel

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nice one Loxy, I've been watching with interest to see how this would turn out! I had an FN2 type R and loved it, let it go after 4 years then did not know what to buy. Ended up ordering a new Mk7 Golf Gti PP, after nearly 2 years I'm ready to move on again but could not decide what to go for. I was waiting for the new Type R and was excited to see it, but rubbish dealer attitude, no unaccompanied test drive and the question marks over the normally bullet proof engineering have put me off. Anyway, this is how it is now, I've put a deposit on the new Focus RS, I'm going to VW Saturday to talk figures for a new Golf R and after lunch Saturday I'm road testing the new Mercedes A45 AMG! Now how's that for decisiveness! :p Help me! :confused:

Lol! The new focus looks awesome. Think it will be the right mix of fun and sensible too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound like me Bricktop. :lol:

My advice would be go with what you really want and bugger whatever else happens, delays, dealer attitude and what other considerations you have like practicality.

I blew off my first Honda order after being told by Honda UK that if I didn't buy the car then someone else will. That made me see red. Nobody speaks to me like that, I should have just given them some back, but I thought I'd just vote with my feet on the matter.

BMW came along and to be honest I've found out that all dealers are as bad as each other and are lying units. Still today he was swearing down blind that it is still on schedule and I've left them with a car. What I've actually found out is they've changed the order and it's now assigned to another customer. BMW customer services actually told me the new owner's name! Haha.

The BMW dealer even let slip tonight that he's been stalking me on Twitter. Well he was telling me what I had tweeted on Sunday. I don't know whether to be flattered or concerned.

So yeah, don't trust the dealers. Drive them all. Pick the car you want and wait. Oh and don't let the dealer talk you in to selling your car now, because them saying, "It'll be here quicker than you think," is a load of bull!

Still today he was swearing down blind that it is still on schedule and I've left them with a car. What I've actually found out is they've changed the order and it's now assigned to another customer. BMW customer services actually told me the new owner's name! Haha.

Inform them that in light of the above information, you will be expecting the prompt return of your deposit. :lol:

Ah sorry I overlooked that. Cheers

Look forward to seeing pics of this beast. Gonna be a long week for him lol!

Aye, I only get it on Saturday but I've had 5 test drives now... Will feel quite familiar when I pick it up.

Inform them that in light of the above information, you will be expecting the prompt return of your deposit. :lol:

Oh I have done, in writing to his manager. I stopped short of cc'ing the group MD but I may if the response isn't satisfactory.

I even read the terms and conditions this evening. Since I haven't signed an order form and paid the deposit over the phone I fall under the distance selling regulations and I can cancel up to 14 days after taking delivery, and I obviously haven't yet.

Their own terms and conditions also state that they will refund all payments made by me with 14 days of me cancelling in writing by the same means by which I paid it, and it states email is classed as acceptable.

I've told them I expect the deposit back on my debit card by the 6th December...

How much is the deposit lox if you don't mind me asking? Have you lost anything on the other Honda order either?

Only three days to go...finally! Are you excited yet lol?

It was only £500 but it is the principle of it now. If the dealer had been a bit more gracious and not fed more lies on top, I may not have pursued it.

Yep excited! Spent a good bit yesterday on some winter wheels and other bits and pieces. :lol:

That's unprofessional as ****. Clearly he's getting a good commission wedge out of it and he's miffed he lost the sale.

Ooo, imagine if he's taken and pocketed your deposit and filed he'd returned it?

Drama!

I saw a car transporter with an assortment of black and white FK2 R's heading down the A34 near winchester earlier today.

It was only £500 but it is the principle of it now. If the dealer had been a bit more gracious and not fed more lies on top, I may not have pursued it.

Yep excited! Spent a good bit yesterday on some winter wheels and other bits and pieces. :lol:

Awesome mate. I'm excited for you! Looking forward to seeing some pics of it. And videos too if you're that creative lol.

Back