• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I only use Tesco Momentum and Shell V-Power, it really depends on where I am but I always think about where and when to fill up and not just when my tank is empty. I've only ever been caught short in the CR-Z once, maybe twice in the 81,000 miles on the car.

Same never seen the empty reserve light on mine

I try to stick to momentum but so far have had to fill up twice with normal 95 both times in the lake district.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a bit of a funny one that. Opinion has gone up and down on it. The scoop isn't actually sealed to the intake cone, so hot air will still get drawn into the intake, so it's not a cold air intake.

The only way really is a decent uprated intercooler and a vented bonnet.

Vented bonnet anyone?

13987495_1270415556303407_8696833531449780891_o.jpg

Saw one of these on track yesterday at Bedford. Looked and sounded mega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They slated the FN2 on the show yet it was their Hot Hatch of the Year in the mag.

The FK2 didn't get a slating but Rory called it outdated and pointed out the FWD'ness. It came 2nd to the Golf R in the 16 car Hot Hatch Mega test last year.

They slated the FN2 on the show yet it was their Hot Hatch of the Year in the mag.

The FK2 didn't get a slating but Rory called it outdated and pointed out the FWD'ness. It came 2nd to the Golf R in the 16 car Hot Hatch Mega test last year.

And a couple of months before that he said the Fk2 was the greatest hot hatch ever made on his you tube channel!
That guy has no credibility.

New Civic Type R

What I find odd is how at first everyone dissed the type R, but now finally people seem to be 'getting' what it is all about. I'd like to drive one. I bet it's more fun than the focus RS which I just found a bit boring coming from the Megane. I am still amazed it's had so much hype. Unbelievable.

And a couple of months before that he said the Fk2 was the greatest hot hatch ever made on his you tube channel!
That guy has no credibility.

It was a year before, and the Focus RS wasn't about then.

It was a year before, and the Focus RS wasn't about then.

Still it is a huge change of opinion from "being the best hot hatch ever to "being outdated"
His opinion of the 2 cars is totally subjective of course, but I do not buy such a drastic change of heart.
I will read unbiased forums like this one and respected websites like Pistonheads, Evo etc to get a thorough insight into a car.

Right hand drive FK2.

[video=youtube;9k2JNzP5ZE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2JNzP5ZE4#t=1.013729[/video]

Back