• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Thanks, I understand that much. But the question is is there really much point in me paying £80-£100 for oil and filter change now when in a months time I'll be going in for my mandatory yearly service? It's probably subjective but would like your guys opinions on it.

Have been reading about an owner in the north west getting his fk2 stolen. House burglarised for the keys.. Which were in a safe , they couldn't open the safe so took the safe to the car .. along with £10k of watches in the safe.

Thanks, I understand that much. But the question is is there really much point in me paying £80-£100 for oil and filter change now when in a months time I'll be going in for my mandatory yearly service? It's probably subjective but would like your guys opinions on it.

The annual service doesn't include an oil change, it's an inspection only, so yes they can be done at the same time if you don't want to go back.

Don't go over the service window for the oil change, so if you want the annual service done at the same time because it is due soon, do it to the A service indicator. :smt023

My car is going in for Service A soon. I ain't planning on paying for it under the 555 plan, that's what the salesman told me and so that's what I paid for - that all servicing for the first 5 years was covered. Otherwise there'll be some kicking off. I'll take my spare key in case and if need be, once they bring the car round I'll collect and leave.

My car is going in for Service A soon. I ain't planning on paying for it under the 555 plan, that's what the salesman told me and so that's what I paid for - that all servicing for the first 5 years was covered. Otherwise there'll be some kicking off. I'll take my spare key in case and if need be, once they bring the car round I'll collect and leave.

I'm in the same boat as you, salesman left me under the assumption all service work was covered apart from the general consumables like tyres and brake pads.

Gonna ring them tomorrow and see what the score is, tell them the service indicator is on and that it's not yet at 12,500 miles, and that I've got the service plan so I'm not expecting to pay for anything.

I had all my services covered by the service pack, Honda did have to authorise them beforehand but never had an issue.

That's not right. Various Honda dealers seem to be in the dark as to what variable servicing actually means.

Up to you though, your car.

Custom centre section in 304 stainless from a Dublin exhaust company.

IMG_0586.jpg

Just to free up some restriction with a bit more noise. Our traffic cops do road side noise testing. If it's over, they seize your car on the spot.

Well there goes my planned roadtrip to Ireland. I would fail that so hard.

Considering taking my FK2 to a track and was wodnering what kidn of prep it needs in advance and whether a service will be needed after.

Anyone had any experience doing track days in the car?

Considering taking my FK2 to a track and was wodnering what kidn of prep it needs in advance and whether a service will be needed after.

Anyone had any experience doing track days in the car?

Depends on how good a driver you are on track?

If you are a novice then I would say out of the box it's fine, just let things warm up nicely and then take minimum of a lap for a cool down. The most I would want to spend is about 10 minutes on hot laps, by which point the tyres will be overheating as will the brakes.

If you have the ability to go out and lean on the car and have confidence on a circuit you know or can pick up quickly, or have previous track day experience, I'd say get some better tyres on such as AD08R or Michelin PS4S and get better pads such as Pagid RS29.

My brakes were still smoking at Croft even after a cool down lap, so just check your care over when you come in and park leaving it in gear and engine off rather than on the handbrake!

As Chris said though, normal road tyres do tend to start going off quickly if you get too much heat in them.

Wow, just a cool down lap, sounds likes the FK2 is a pretty robust bit of kit even when given spanking on the track, I was under the impression that any form of track outing would have to be followed by service immediately.

At the moment I'm planning on taking it to evening track event which I believe EVO magazine are organising at various locations.

Back