• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Just for jokes, before and after track day use and a brake fire :eek:

IMG_6627_zpslrfs6xfa.jpg

The abused wheel is from Eurospec Time Attack Team's FK2. It was at Reading's monthly Jap meet. It's used as a track weapon and obviously driven hard, I was told the brakes genuinely caught fire after a track session :eek::confused:

The shiny wheel is mine :cool:

Facebook 'Eurospec Time Attack Team' to see the car in action.

Hahaha, how would a fire have repainted his calipers???

WTAF happened to cause so much damage to the rim face ***? Or is that just from continuous tyre changes... Shoddy if so.

My Brembo's on my Evo IX did it. It's where the disc and pad are run beyond designed operating temperature so the calipers turns brown through the heat.

It's new brakes time. at 25k I think I've finally hit the squeakers.

Cheapest place to buy new OEM Brembo discs & Pads is Cox's.

Being completely unmechanically minded, where can I take the car to get them fitted? How much £££ should I expect to fit?? And will a garage get funny because not buying the parts AND labour from them???

It's new brakes time. at 25k I think I've finally hit the squeakers.

Cheapest place to buy new OEM Brembo discs & Pads is Cox's.

Being completely unmechanically minded, where can I take the car to get them fitted? How much £££ should I expect to fit?? And will a garage get funny because not buying the parts AND labour from them???

TGM

Dreamauto

Both will supply and fit/or you supply.

T.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having bad thoughts of trading the FK in, i've only had the car 5 months and the running costs are getting to me. I knew i was on the cusp of being able to afford to run the car doing 60 miles a day in it, but wasn't expecting the costs to hurt as much. Monthly PCP payments. New tyres last month. New brakes this month. Much £££ on petrol. Thankfully servicing is free.

The thought of trading a car in i love sucks.

Maybe i'll run it till the new tyres are dying, then...

... I might get an Alfa.

Been there done that, got the 330d. Contemplating selling that and getting a beater so get rid of loans again now. :roll:

Of course i did. Its affordable. However i wasn't expecting new pads and discs all round at 5 months in (i'm the second owner).

Owning it is meaning certain concessions are being made. For example, that new PS4 i'd like. Nope.

Now the initial 'this is f ing awesome' has worn off. I'm torn if the financial outlay outweighs the general joy of owning it.

However if i did trade it now i'd be financially raped harder than fresh fish at Shawshank :smt089

I'm pretty lucky, I only live 5 minutes from my work so generally a week I probably do 70 miles ha! However I do drive it hard and I'm yet to need new pads after a year of ownership (maybe not hard enough). Theyrve still got quite a bit of meat left, as have the rear tyres. The fronts where changed a couple month ago.

Not knowing how the first owner drove it. The cars now done 25k. I assume from normal use that its normal for the Brembos to be dead (pads and discs) at roughly 25k.

I get roughly 5k from front rubber, every 4-5 months i need new shoes. The rears last twice as long.

I'm pretty lucky, I only live 5 minutes from my work so generally a week I probably do 70 miles ha! However I do drive it hard and I'm yet to need new pads after a year of ownership (maybe not hard enough). Theyrve still got quite a bit of meat left, as have the rear tyres. The fronts where changed a couple month ago.

I live 4.5 miles from work and I probably do less than 70 miles a month in my car unless I'm off to a trackday or weekend away.

Back