• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Tyres

How are the cup2 Holding up? I've put like 10000miles on the AD08 and several trackdays and i cant see much wear....

However i think the rubber is to hard for the street. They need heat to work well, so not very nice on the street. Much less grip when Cold than the contis.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2nd set of CS 6's at the front are down to 3 - 3.5mm after 9,000 miles.
The original rears are just over 4mm at 15,800 miles.

I don't hang around but guess I don't put it on its door handles round bends like some of you guys. most of my driving is dual carriageways and city driving.

Going to change all four for 245 Pilot Super Sports for extra miles and better rim protection.

I don't hang around but guess I don't put it on its door handles round bends like some of you guys. most of my driving is dual carriageways and city driving.

Come to West Wales where dual carriageways don't exist :lol:. All we have is twisty mountain roads, not that I'm complaining, the car makes them a joy to drive on.

Update on the pilot super sports: lasted 9k miles on the front. the original rears lasted 12.5k. I now have 4 pilot sport 3's and will give them a go.

My car was a demo car and came with 2k on the clock my contis went at 3.5k miles. The MPSS were heaps better in my opinion. Grip levels improved also. Haven't really had a chance to push the pilot sport 3's yet but so far I'm happy with them in the wet.

The assy 3s really impressed me tonight, really wet twisty B rds & not 1 twitch, I had a clear run as well so wasn't really holding back

Conti Sport Contact 6 are coming at £152 on Blackcircles. How much better are the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S at £200 or even the Michelin Sport Cup 2 at £217?

They do not seem to stock the Super Sports lots of you are talking about. Where are you getting these from?

I'm going to be getting 4Ss on the summer wheels for the beemer over summer. They are supposedly better than the PSS in every respect from what I've seen in journo tests so far.

What are the best prices people are finding on the Pilot 4S's? Looking at changing my fronts as they are down to around 1mm.

Blackcircles.com are recommending 235/35R19 Y 91and have them £199.14 fitted. I am sure they were £220 a tyre last time I checked.

My local tyre fitter always seems to beat online prices, might be worth a call around.

I use a local firm that does mobile fitting, good price & they came to my work, balanced & fitted for free, it also frees up your time.
Try shopping through Quidco there's tyre firms on there where you get cash back

The Conti SC6 are clearly stretched. Do mobile tyre fitters have any issues getting the Pilot 4S's on the wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of questions

The original Honda recommended tyre is the Continental SportContact 6 which is 235/35 ZR19 Y88 which are currently on the car.

Blackcircles suggest 235/35 R19 Y91. What is the difference between ZR19 and R19 and what does the Y number mean?

Also I noticed some of you go to 245/35 why?

Also I noticed some of you go to 245/35 why?

Some people don't like the stretched look.

Also found this on another forum:

"ZR is the category of speed rating ..................

VR is for speeds up to 150mph and ZR when introduced was for speeds over 150mph. As car speeds got higher the manufacturers subdivided ZR into three groups: Y, W and the original Z. "

So Y91 is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back