• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Focus RS MK2 Vents Fitted

Decided I wanted to be a little different and go for some vents I have not seen fitted to a civic before. Always liked the look of the Focus RS MK2 ones so thought why not give it a go.

They arrived last week and while I was still looking for someone to fit them I decided to spray them myself. I also marked out exactly where I wanted them so all the bodyshop had to do was cut. After ringing round a few places I managed to get booked in at a mates Dad's accident repair bodyshop and had them fitted for £50.

I am very pleased with the final result. Hope you all like.

Vents1_zps9ed6e341.jpg

Vents2_zpsf4b5cd94.jpg

Vents3_zps450e8df2.jpg

£22 for primer, paint, laquer and 1500 wet and dry sandpaper from halfords.

£18 for the vents off ebay.

£0 labour to prepare and paint as I did it myself.

£50 to have the bonnet cut and vents bonded on.

Very tempted after seeing yours!

I've just found the vents on eBay, I'm pretty tempted to fit some gloss black ones to match the GP kit and gloss black wheels! What do you think?

If you get them go for the ones that are pre cut to allow hot air to vent as some require you to cut.

Here is the ebay item number for the ones I purchased:

They look pretty cool. Just a shame there's not a turbo under there for them to cool it off.

Did they seal the paintwork around where they made the cuts? Also, did they remove the bonnet? Or mask off the entire front end of the car? I'd just be very nervous with all those iron filings flying about!

I like the look though, very agressive with the mugen rear wing also!

I like them! Wouldn't look as nice on an ep3 though I don't think but definitely suit the FN2

Liking the look, and thinking of adding gloss black to my Milano red, but a bit concerned about water intake ! From where the vents are positioned, surely you get water pouring through where you would least like it ! Have you fitted under trays to divert the water ?

Back