• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Foliatec caliper paint kit

Foliatec is the best IMO, gives good results. My mates calipers are still looking good after a year of painting them. Not had any experience with the E-tech stuff though.

I have personally bought some silver Hammerite for my calipers, but that's because I'm stingy, it was a quarter of the price of caliper paint and there's so much in the tin I can allways go back over them if I need to lol.

Really interested in the longevity of the finish as I really don't want to be touching up every couple of months.

Am I right in thinking you don't use a sealant/laquer with hammerite?

Hammerite is just the paint and that's all you use. The one I got is straight to rust aswell, it's designed be open to the elements so I expect it to have some form of protection on it. Not sure how it's going to cope with the high temps that the caliper can reach though, that's why I'm going to put a good few coats on it :lol:

From what I remember the Foliatec kit comes with a hardener that you mix it with so IMO I believe the Foliatec to last the longest.

I bought halfords red caliper paint and did it over a year ago. Its still as bright as it was on day one and I wash them every week. Awesome. Hammerite just goes pinky/ light red .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the foliatec maybe the way to go, just seen the pictures that suits posted on a thread you started a while back and the results look good.

Now just colour to choose might break the mould and choose something other than red, blue possibly (Spoon styley)?

I have used two sets of Folia-Tec paint now, red for EP3 and Blue for my AP1 (S2000).

Another thing as to why the Folia-Tec kit gets my money is that it comes with a brake dust remover spray.

Also dont forget a wire brush to scrub the hell out of the calipers first.

Back