• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fools Disco3 HSE

Not much has been happening with this.

We will be shipping it to Australia when we move, so a few jobs will be done beforehand.

There is a fair amount of lacquer peel on the wheels, so they will be refurbished. Thinking a matte black.

Then booking it in for a service and alignment check. Expect no change from £1k. Trollolol.

Have also been looking at getting some longer push rods, basically raises the car by 2inches in all suspension modes. IIRC, £150.

oh and averaging about 430miles from a full tank @ £105-115 depending on prices. Indicated 24mpg.

Quoted for future lulz.

Well...

Yes, seems there are more things that can go pop on a Disco.

Wife drove back from work, dashboard light up. Panic stricken wife calls me, I narrow it down to probably brakes needing replacement.

Booking in tomorrow.

Expect rape.

Main dealer or indi this time?

Indy, don't trust anyone in Bradford. At all.

Will also be getting front bushes replaced and a few other things sorted. Hadn't driven it for a while as was zoomering about, but now I'm using it more something!just feels a little off.

To walk into a main dealer and say that would be akin to bending at the hips with a ready lubed anus in the prison shower.

I've just paid less then £57 for replacement front & rear discs & pads, I'd guess your parts would be easily three or four times that

I've just paid less then £57 for replacement front & rear discs & pads, I'd guess your parts would be easily three or four times that

Parts alone its about £300-400 iirc.

But will be upgrading to the V8 spec versions, bigger discs etc as price is roughly the same.

And it's gone.

Sad to see it go, especially of world ending snow is imminent. The wife was actually upset, almost to tears, she loved the car.

Gremlins and exploding turbos considered, I'll be buying another once in Australia. D4 this time, unless they launch another model in the next year or so.

Gremlins and exploding turbos considered, I'll be buying another once in Australia. D4 this time, unless they launch another model in the next year or so.

Hope you're ready for the price hike then, looks like it's about 30-40% more expensive over there. :lol:

Hope you're ready for the price hike then, looks like it's about 30-40% more expensive over there. :lol:

Yup, hence we were considering shipping our out there, but it wasn't really worth the £6k to do it as we would need to keep the car for 2 years once out there or pay tax on the sale.

Prices are higher, however so are salaries ;)

Yes, some roles are considerably better paid than they are here (nurses, for example). A friend of mine emigrated a couple of years ago and is on at least twice her previous NHS wage.

Back