• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

For anyone who hasn't got front fog lights installed

Just a quick one.

anyone on here using their front log light holes for air intakes?

i am keen on this idea but was wondering is it a good idea... plus does it look any good?

any pictures welcome - been looking around but not found anything...

right, come on inter milan knock chelsea out ;)

Ta
Deano

On an EP3 yeah? I suppose if it didn't look great you could mesh over them or something...

I'll give it a look over the weekend as I was wondering the same before...

I do know this, it won't have much of use if the cold air ducting needs to be bended 20 times to reach the air cleaner. You will get cold air for sure, but you can get that at the wheel arch or front grille as well without the hassle.
However, if you could make a more or less straight air channel, you could create a somewhat forced air feed what could benefit at higher speeds.

I'll look into it and try sort it out... I'll keep you informed...

IM sure my friend tried this but couldnt as there wss summit in the way so he ended up cutting a hole in the bumper and fitting a cold air feed looked a bit savage like

I'd be too worried about it sucking water up, being that low down.

Yeah exactly, especially with our typical English weather :(

Yep, take today for example, puddles galore that you can't avoid due to traffic coming the other way. Not worth the risk.

you will never get water upto the air filter by putting a cold air feed down in the fog light. The only time you need to worry about hydrolock is if you've got the filter low down, which in this case you won't have.

It happens. Do a search for Hydrolock on here.

Scouse had a Naca duct in the front of his bumper when he had an AEM :)

I like this idea with the fog light......but It Is going to be a pain trying to channel the air feed!!!

I love my ITG but feel that the supplied air feed is slightly wasted. I am sure it is doing the job but for peace of mind aswell I want more air!!!!

Think I need a new grille!!!

I like this idea with the fog light......but It Is going to be a pain trying to channel the air feed!!!

I looked into this issue this weekend and my opinion is:

I think a part of the chassis is in the way for a straight ducting. Not unavoidable but could make it rather narrow for good piping to be fit.
Second, the radiator is in the way, you could go under or sideways of this and then you have to move upward...

I should have taken pictures but I was in a hurry getting my brake pads mounted as I wanted to try them before dark so I didn't bother to look any further into this.

Anyway, in my quick opinion, the grille might be as good, or even better as a pipe, bending 5 times around hot engine components to get 'cold' air.

I'm sure it can be done, but probably not worth the work...

I looked into this issue this weekend and my opinion is:

I think a part of the chassis is in the way for a straight ducting. Not unavoidable but could make it rather narrow for good piping to be fit.
Second, the radiator is in the way, you could go under or sideways of this and then you have to move upward...

I should have taken pictures but I was in a hurry getting my brake pads mounted as I wanted to try them before dark so I didn't bother to look any further into this.

Anyway, in my quick opinion, the grille might be as good, or even better as a pipe, bending 5 times around hot engine components to get 'cold' air.

I'm sure it can be done, but probably not worth the work...

Thanks for that earth slug, very good read.... i think you are right....... a grille would make much more sense.

Back