• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

From EP3 to EP3 with Some In-Between!

Well I am now a CTR owner again! I went a whole 3 months before I gave in and bought another one! :lol:

I thought that I would post my journey through some sports cars that I have owned recently [not including the boring day to day cars I have got].

2005 - I had a brand spanking new Satin Silver EP3 CTR arrive on my drive early one sunny morning which replaced a Golf GTI Turbo that I had from new. It had 6 miles on the clock, within an hour it had a Spoon N1 installed! lol

1 month later and I bought a S1 Lotus Elise for weekend action. I installed a few bits and bobs including a straight through Exige Exhaust. It was great but I did not get on with the K Series lump, all the other guys I knew wanted a K20a lump in theirs [so did I] but Blink MS wanted £10k.

I sold the Elise and then bought a VX220, which I modified big time [chassis wise mostly]. I had laods of different suspension setups, one of which was an S2 Exige set with adjustable dampers. I always run a Horizon Motorpsort geo though, they are awesome! Unfortunately I killed her. I was visiting the Ultima Factory, it was a nice day so I had the top off, I got sideways [which is normal for me!] however there was a dip in the road which the tyres dug into - pivoting the car into a roll. It rolled numerous times and flew mid air into a sign post which went through the windscreen and missed my head narrowly. I survived though! :thumbup:

Next was a Clio.... I befriended Yozza from Yozzasport who went to work on it big time. This little thing was AMAZING on track. At Barkston Heath Sprint Day it put to shame a few track prepped EVO's and even came close to a Caterham [granted it is a tight course with only 2nd and 3rd needed mostly]. It was loud though at 105dbs with the Ragnotti straight through pipe. It was completely stripped with some nice Cobra Imola S carbon kevlar seats.

I got a new job so the CTR had to go. It was 4 years old now and had done 75,000 fault free miles. The only thing that it had to go in for was a rattly window. What a total gem! I thought I could live without it, and make do with an Oil burner to trundle around the country in. How wrong I was!

Next is a 2006 Premier Edition EP3 CTR that I picked up tonight! I must say the extra seats and finishes make this feel so much nicer than my 2005 CTR. It is going to be my weekend jaunt, which I will use also for track days. However, it will not be made up like my Clio. I am just changing the usual [1] Brakes, [2] suspension + tyres, [3] breathing. That is all that is needed. I already have most parts waiting to be installed.

Here are some pics. [I'll get some proper ones of the NHB]

DSC00837.jpg

CTRMeetsCat6.jpg

MLOC4-1.jpg

MLOC3.jpg

Stealthed4.jpg

Stealthed19.jpg

vxdriveby2.jpg

e8.jpg

Barkston4.jpg

ForSale11.jpg

Barkston1.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

P1020017.jpg

P1020028.jpg

P1020033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So............. how much you lost over the ownership.

That's one of the reasons I chose not to change cars too often.
Getting itchy feet on this S2000 already though :(

i agree that vauxhall looks immense and is there any vacancies where you work, i wouldnt mind a car history like that :lol:
welcome back to honda though, im on my first and dont regret stuffing myself over for four years for the priveledge lol

Gotta agree looks :cool: but after owning a Calibra, I will never own another Vauxhall again. Even if it looked as tempting as your old one, how was the build quality?

It was built at Hethel by Lotus [the engine was also redeveloped there too] - one of the most reliable cars I have owned! :cool:

So............. how much you lost over the ownership.

That's one of the reasons I chose not to change cars too often.
Getting itchy feet on this S2000 already though :(

Too god damn much! :confused:

I lost the most on the Clio though.... I spent an absolute fortune!!!!!

I dont think about that though, I think about the pleasure they give me, that makes it seem worthwhile. :)

i agree that vauxhall looks immense and is there any vacancies where you work, i wouldnt mind a car history like that :lol:
welcome back to honda though, im on my first and dont regret stuffing myself over for four years for the priveledge lol

You made the right decision, I must say the EP3 is the car I missed the most [hence me buying another one just as a play thing!].

I like the way it is A] Indestructible B] Mr Jekylle C] Mr Hyde!

thats the beauty of them, im a bit gutted i have only just found them. to think i could be driving around in a fiesta turbo wondering whats going to rot/go wrong next

im so jealous ! all the cars youve had i want ! especially that last one 30th A in NHB dream car

Quick question, is this your old VX? It was the wheels that got me first of all but I weren't sure of the spoiler.

10435_176274176806_513936806_3781869_4077134_n.jpg

10435_176274161806_513936806_3781868_236350_n.jpg

Back