• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Couldn't agree more, it is depressing physically watching the fuel needle move and if it was any other car it would be on ebay but I have to admit I do love the type R and waiting 2 years to be able to afford the insurance was worth it!
For sure, bought mine as soon as I realised I could afford to run one! Just proves that these can return good MPG for commuting, while still putting a smile on your face at the weekend!

Red light appeared yesterday...

For the past week I got 35.5MPG @ 43 litres of V-Power covering 336 miles :)

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I do about 250 miles a week.
After my long drive start of the week I get 32mpg, although throughout the week short journeys 1-5 miles bring it right down to 24mpg.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mileage out of full tank

Hi I'm getting about 230 miles out a full tank of petrol in my EP3 Type R 04 is this normal I Vtech it occasionally but not too often

On the H22 (Prelude 5th Gen) I managed 220 average, with 300 a best.
On the B18 (DC2) I managed 280 average, with 400 a best. (60 mph motorway for pretty much whole tank)
On the K20 (EP3) I manage 260 average, yet to do a memorable personal best. Think it was 345 on the first CTR though.

In my EP3 worst so far 29MPG. Best so far 36MPG. Really can't complain about that. Managed 327 miles on a tank.

just filled up this morning, previous tank - £35 normal unleaded @ 133.9 a litre returned 185 miles = approx 32mpg :D

I downloaded Road Trip lite for free on my Iphone and get an average of 35.5 mpg on my jdm 98spec DC2. Best was 38mpg.

The best I did on my EJ9 was 42mpg but averaging 38mpg. Ditched it to get myself the DC2 for more fun.

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I have a ecu reader and from that I've established:

38mpg = driving like grandma with family (once in past year)

30-33 mpg - 80mph with minimal vtec

25-30 mpg- half motorway half countryside

20-25 mpg - my average :)

Getting from a to b quickly using vtec gives me no more than 24mpg

15-17mpg Thrashing it, lowest I have got over whole tank is 17mpg (don't think I can ever do that again though)

However short journeys in mornings will NEVER be over 15 mpg (driving slowly) , the high idle rate drinks fuel like no tomorrow where I can be using half a litre of vpower to travel under 2miles.

These figures are results of collecting data over past year and using a calculator to check of distances, fuel entered and output all matches up so I would believe this to be accurate.

However.... It is heavily based on driving style. In a nutshell I would say my assumption of good economy is lower than other members, in other words I'm not a good eco warrior lol

Let me know what you lot thought

The short journey thing is on par with what I've noticed.

I used mine to go work and back for a week (4 miles each way) I think I was going to get around 265 miles for the tank :/

Well after checking my fuel app, the fill up before last I managed 27mpg. But after scrolling back, I've noticed that I've only done 5000miles in the Civic over the past 12 months.

Back