• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

surely that can't be right..? £30 gets me nowhere near a full tank but I can still manage 150 miles from it, I'm not gunning it everywhere but at the same time I'm far from a "grandad driver"

The EP3 is a 50 litre tank isn't it? Which is about £68 - £70 to fill. 50 litres is about 11 gallons, so 200 miles to a tank is about 18 - 20 mpg.

You like VTEC so much. :lol:

I would normally admit to this, however, I have just driven 500 miles on a new clutch, haven't been above 3k rpm and managed to get 230 miles to a tank.

Thats about 20 mpg (based on 45 litres used). Is it a daily?

Sort of daily, mainly used for a commute of 7 miles each way, but car sharing means it gets used once a week.

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

The EP3 is a 50 litre tank isn't it? Which is about £68 - £70 to fill. 50 litres is about 11 gallons, so 200 miles to a tank is about 18 - 20 mpg.

I would normally admit to this, however, I have just driven 500 miles on a new clutch, haven't been above 3k rpm and managed to get 230 miles to a tank.

Sort of daily, mainly used for a commute of 7 miles each way, but car sharing means it gets used once a week.

When was it last serviced?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

200 miles is quite low.

I was getting 260 before my service and I could get nearly 300 after my service.

Shell must've mixed their last batch of V Powah! with diesel as I've just got 150miles to half a tank.

EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I get over 300 miles to a tank easily on my DC5.

Glad I didn't buy an EP3!

:lol: I usually average 240 miles max, I don't think I've ever hit 150 to half a tank whilst commuting.

:lol: I usually average 240 miles max, I don't think I've ever hit 150 to half a tank whilst commuting.

I'm the same usually....

Mine's only been used for commuting the past week (too busy polishing at weekend to actually drive it :p).

The result = 310 miles and counting. No red light just yet either! :eek:

guess it is completely dependent on how heavy the right foot is... managed 147 miles from half tank, didn't get to the red but close enough, there isn't many places around my way to fully appreciate vtec :(

I'm the same usually....

Mine's only been used for commuting the past week (too busy polishing at weekend to actually drive it :p).

The result = 310 miles and counting. No red light just yet either! :eek:

Did you use V Power or standard unleaded? I very rarely use supermarket fuel, as I'm a lazy fecker and Shell is on my route every day.

Did you use V Power or standard unleaded? I very rarely use supermarket fuel, as I'm a lazy fecker and Shell is on my route every day.
V Power. I have the opposite problem, I go well out of my way to buy the Shell fuel instead of supermarket fuel!
I always use V Power, and in all honesty, I've been careful with the right foot.

Saving pennies isn't as fun as VTEC though ;)

Saving pennies isn't as fun as VTEC though ;)

Couldn't agree more, it is depressing physically watching the fuel needle move and if it was any other car it would be on ebay but I have to admit I do love the type R and waiting 2 years to be able to afford the insurance was worth it!

Back