• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

41d38585d87ea985693fa5920cc1c443.jpg

The more I see it, the more I like. It's outrageously in your face, more so than the FK2. Also, I think the symmetry between the front and rear ends works better than what it does with the FK2 which to me looks like it was forgotten about.

Crystal black,
Polished metal,
Sonic grey,
Championship White,
Brilliant sporty blue,
Rally red

I'm really not liking the direction the type R styling has gone. It kind of started at the mugen FN2, it went from a few subtle changes from the base model and started looking more BTCC. Which is fine, if you're into that.

But that was cool, because you could still buy a vanilla FN2. Those of you who have known my previous car history will know I like the OEM look, OEM with extra beans under the bonnet.

The FK2 was just serious levels of NOPE for me. It's not what I look for in a car, it's everything I avoid.

It's more of the same for the FK8, just another stage lairier to stand out over the FK2. I certainly won't ever be buying one.

... oh and then there's that whole N/A vs turbo thing. I liked that Honda were the last true bastion of N/A performance. Ring times are inconsequential to me, I'd rather be a minute slower around the ring and have an engine with real character. I'd love to have seen Honda improve on the k20 with another N/A lump.

I'll wait till i see it in the flesh as i hated the FK2 before i saw it on the road and now i quite like it. The side profile is a bit off just like the FK2 as if the wheels are too small. Certainly has created a mixed reaction in all the forums, i saw someone saying their remapped 120d would be faster in the traffic light Grand Prix :rolleyes:

Has anyone found pics or a video where it shows the back seats of the production model? The concept had only two back seats :(

I dread to think how much the whole back-box arrangement would be to replace.

Still not a fan, haven't really liked the direction (styling-wise) Honda have been taking things since the FN. It's also not a Civic, seriously, it's an Accord with a hatch. I guess this is a bit like how the BMW M2 is the new M3.

It feels very American (uber-masculine front grill arrangement etc.), kinda like how they butchered the NSX.

Nice that it doesn't have the weird little plastic air vents above the front wheel or the little stick-on sliver below the brake lights at the back of the rear arch like the FK2 did though, felt like an afterthought.

I quite like it. Love the fact it has a comfort mode as my FK2 is a bit to hardcore for pottering about town. Will need to see it in the metal before i know for sure if i like it or not.

I love my FK2 as i dont do a lot of miles in it. I have another car for the mundane stuff so the FK2 feels special to drive. Proper race car feel for a hot hatch. I will have to test drive the new FK8 to see if it feels similar or better. If it feels as good to drive as the FK2 i would consider getting one when my pcp is up or sooner if the payments were the same.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice that it doesn't have.......... little stick-on sliver below the brake lights at the back of the rear arch like the FK2 did though, felt like an afterthought.

:rant:

Those little plastic bits of crap were added to the 9th gen civic soon after it launch. The first cars made never had them. I was told they were added, along with flat-and-flush faced alloy wheels (and piano black nose section) as a mid-life criss overhaul to enable better mpg by generating less air resistance. They remained when all the 9th gen cars got the full sporty body overhaul when the FK2 was released.

Supposedly they add something like 1mpg to the average figures which enabled the iDtec to be competitive.... So WHY THE F are they on the FK2. I never understood this. They achieve nothing. I HATE them. They are like ass warts.

:rant:

Saw this on UKDM's Facebook earlier and had a chuckle. Think we're all guilty of a few. Maybe we can put member names in the boxes :p

:lol:
Its funny until you find one that rings a bell :)

Reckon loxy could find a name to fit 2nd row 4th across :lol:

Back