• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

haha beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say....

I went to Halfords the other day and was patiently waiting in the queue and one of the young lads working there said "Dave you seen that new type r outside, its lovely" to which Dave kindly said "Yeah its hideous, guy driving it must have a small %$£!" I kept quiet....

More like it's because the FK2 owners complained the rear arches were dropped from the FK2 prototype

Slightly concerned! Honda are sending some engineers (I guess from swindon) to look at my car tomorrow and have said they don't want it on the road. Eeek! Further updates to follow tomorrow! Hopefully they just said that to panic me and make sure they can have it tomorrow as I had plans I've now had to re-arrange :-(

I don't think I'll be going out for a drive tonight!

Slightly concerned! Honda are sending some engineers (I guess from swindon) to look at my car tomorrow and have said they don't want it on the road. Eeek! Further updates to follow tomorrow! Hopefully they just said that to panic me and make sure they can have it tomorrow as I had plans I've now had to re-arrange :-(

I don't think I'll be going out for a drive tonight!

Uh oh, production issues already!! :D

Hi guys

Anyone know of any dealers in central scotland, borders, perthshire with a pmm demo. Phoned round about but most have cw, found 2 with black and one red apart from that I'm struggling!!!! Not really want to spend hours on the phone if someone knows of one thanks in advance

If anyone is interested, 44 demo cars for sale on the Honda Web site, apparently you can reserve them now, with a pick up date early Nov, once everyone has demo'd (hammered) them. After the demo I had where the sales rep gave it a kicking from cold I think I will pass and buy new.

Also i have found a pmm that I can go see 24 miles from home, aways think it's better to see your colour choice in the flesh.

If anyone is interested, 44 demo cars for sale on the Honda Web site, apparently you can reserve them now, with a pick up date early Nov, once everyone has demo'd (hammered) them. After the demo I had where the sales rep gave it a kicking from cold I think I will pass and buy new.

Demo cars.. the best ran in cars you'll ever buy.

Has anyone checked the digital speedo in their FK8 against a GPS?

If it is accurate accurate the car hides speed very well....its "happy" speed seems about 10mph above other cars on any given road....:shock:

I seem to be going c10mph faster everywhere according to the speedo....if its accurate I need to be very careful! It's also then a very fast car!

If it is accurate accurate the car hides speed very well....its "happy" speed seems about 10mph above other cars on any given road....:shock:

Only 10mph!!!!! I assume you mean 10mph above other performance cars. Mines about 50mph more happy than all the cars I was overtaking the other night :)

Mines nicely bedded in now (500 miles) and it's awesome. I can definitely feel the weight difference compared to my previous 4 wheel drive cars. You can brake very late going into corners. The steering feel is superb and the grip is unbelievable. 30-90 is absolutely mental (on a track of course, I wouldn't condone driving above the limits on public roads).

0-60 is a little tame compared to 4wd but if you never stop you'd never notice :)

Only gripe is a lack of handbrake and the stupid electronic woman's voice that goes with it. I'll miss that if we get some snow this winter!

Well I say only gripe! Sorting my dash warning lights will be nice but hopefully that will be done by the Honda boys today!

I found this on test drive. It's so happy bimbling about but also very happy to go very quickly with not much effort. I chained a few corners together, exited the last one onto a decent straight, caught a car and overtook it where I glanced at a speed several leptons more than I was expecting...

Just wondering has anyone had the infamous check engine light? A lot of them are being reported on civicX forum.

Just wondering has anyone had the infamous check engine light? A lot of them are being reported on civicX forum.

Yes i have. Honda engineers came to worcester to look at mine today. Engine management and rev match warning lights. A bit of technobabble explanation but my understanding was they replaced some solenoid/sensor related to the turbo. The new parts required some connector mods which they did.

According to my dealer Honda may do a bulletin to the dealers!

I was also told the uk engine loom is different to the US version so the issue wasnt the same as the US problems.

Fingers crossed mines now sorted.

Back