• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Not sure this counts but I did have to move it about 5m just in case someone came through the hedge and hit it....The diff gave a good clunk but not much wheelspin

Did the same as I didn’t want some runt with zipped gloves trying to get snow off my bonnet to make snowball. Struggled getting up a 1.01 incline :lol:

6BCED065-83B6-4569-B3ED-6AA90E4E3954_zpsu9we9dhi.jpg

Oh found the reversing camera useful...didn’t have to remove the snow from the back screen to reverse into position

Cool thanks....dreading the day need to change them, not cos of cost but not wanting Kwik fit Keith or the like to scratch my rims

is anyone seeing uneven tyre wear on the front wheels with the inside edges wearing a lot quicker than the rest of the tyre. mileage on mine is 5.5k

I noticed this on mine today after swapping the front/rear wheels after Honda kindly gave me two brand new rear wheels and tyres. (I had negotiated a replacement due to the fact some animal during a demo had taken a chunk out off the rear nearside wheel and tyre).

just wondering if my tracking / geo is out or whether this is one of these Honda has setup it for the racetrack things. which would be bad as the front tyres if I hadn't swapped them on mine wouldn't have last much into 10k miles before going to down to the bands.

Fairly normal to kill the inner edges on more ‘performance’ orientated designed suspension. Combo of lots of positive caster angle and suspension designed to increase toe out angle when the wheels are turned does this.

Fairly normal to kill the inner edges on more ‘performance’ orientated designed suspension.
I disagree.
No way should this happen to a production hatchback at only 5.5k miles.
In fact it shouldn't happen at any mileage, it is abnormal tyre wear which points to something about the set up being wrong for road use.

Here we go again. More customers expecting a performance hatchback (Nurburgring lap record n all that) to have the wear and tear of a diesel VW Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree.
No way should this happen to a production hatchback at only 5.5k miles.
In fact it shouldn't happen at any mileage, it is abnormal tyre wear which points to something about the set up being wrong for road use.

No really. It's normal due to the camber, caster and toe settings and tyre design.

Here we go again. More customers expecting a performance hatchback (Nurburgring lap record n all that) to have the wear and tear of a diesel VW Golf.

Here's the deal, it happens to them as well!! Just less noticeable.

Here's the deal, it happens to them as well!! Just less noticeable.
Well aware of that! (technician for VW) but they generally spend their time in a straight line on a motorway so tyres wear more even.

Sport contact 6

Would explain the uneven wear, I went through a set in 4000 odd miles, and I drive like an old man.
I wanted to keep a couple as spares thinking they would have a few more thousand left on them but the fitter pointed out the wear on the inner rim, bold, chewed and pitted.
Good grip but the wear and life is atrocious, I'm running Assy 3s now, 12'000 miles in and still plenty in them, I know of someone 20 odd thousand in.

I wouldn't refit those contis unless you like chucking money away

All about them pizzas! I’ve got 4 weeks up there next year for Master Tech qualification.

Good luck buddy.

I’m at JLR now, writing the all Technical training curriculum and courses for the global retailer network technicians.

Good luck buddy.

I’m at JLR now, writing the all Technical training curriculum and courses for the global retailer network technicians.

Fair play. How long ago were you at the NLC? They’ve recently opened up a new atrium. Big old place now

Back