• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

What happened with the fk2 in the end, did the dealer ever get to the bottom of the issue once you traded or have they left it

To be honest not sure but suspect still the same as nothing can be found wrong, all I know it was sold by a dealer in the group which I believe was Chesterfield way (but could be wrong). However all the history is documented with Honda and all dealers can see this so nothing is hidden but then again once you had travelled around 5 minutes this was nowhere near as bad and could only really hear it then when you know what to listen for so if the new buyer lives in an area with a smoother non rippled road the chances are they would never notice especially if the radio is on until it develops and then Honda would be able to see what was wrong.

To be fair I would not trade the FK8 for an FK2 but I think I preferred the FK2 and if they had got to the bottom of the fault I would still have the FK2 as for sure from the drivers seat its a nicer view and more fun ;) Having said that for sure the FK8 is a better car.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a nutshell, what makes the FK2 more fun?

It's more raw while the FK8 is more refined, I will be honest and say I as gutted when I test drove the FK8 as I prefered the FK2 but I still bought the FK8. But like I said for sure the FK8 is a quicker and better car but my eyes tell me from the drivers seat the FK2 is nicer place to be while the rawness makes its feel more fun.

Some may agree some may not but this at the end of the day is only my thoughts and like I said I would not go back either.

Type R FK8 Update

Final update before the official release:

We have now extensively tested the system on the dyno and in doing so have updated the design for optimal performance gains.

The main thing to take notice of is that the location of the intake in the FK8 is prone to heat soak unless the filter is fully sealed. It sits directly in front of the radiator and fan which, when activated blows hot air into this area. So any intake which has an open cone filter will have high inlet air temperature values and this will cause a loss in power.

For a fully sealed system – such as the stock airbox, the issue is the opening through which the intake can draw air from.

When the hood is closed, the stock system breathes through 2 places:

1) The opening above the front bumper through a duct
2) The opening through the gap between the hood and the rubber seal

The total cross-sectional areas of these openings are approximately 33cm2 (see photo explaining the FK8 openings). Dyno testing showed that the airflow requirement from the engine was enough to render this total opening a restriction.

During dyno tests we made an opening in the prototype airbox to increase the size of the area through which the filter could draw air from. On the initial dyno run, this extra opening gave an increase in power but after the second run - this extra power quickly reduced as the intake pulled in hot air from the engine bay.

This left us with a challenge - How do we increase the inlet opening without drawing hot air from the engine bay?

Our solution

After extensive development we have designed a scoop which draws air from within the wing area – away from the engine bay heat and importantly – the opening is not in direct path of the radiator fan. This scoop sits underneath the airbox and seals to it with a rubber extrusion. The extra opening in the airbox has an area of approximately 28cm2 which means that the total area for the filter to draw from is now approximately 61cm2 which is an 85% increase compared with stock.

To conclude, the larger inlet area removes the restriction of the stock airbox. This factor coupled with our venturi tube design which ensures smooth airflow from the filter to the turbo tubes as well as our system being a sealed unit to keep inlet temperatures down result in genuine performance gains which are consistent.

Summary of Key Design Features

- Sealed Airbox to keep IAT low
- Venturi intake tube to keep flow laminar to the turbo
- Secondary inlet scoop to increase inlet area by 85%
- True Plug and Play – no remap needed and no engine codes
- Carbon Fibre construction to minimise heat soak through the airbox
- Stock mounting method for ease of installation

The new scoop is under tooling now and we expect to have the first full systems by the middle of March.

Contact your local Eventuri dealer for pricing details.

53f6162105ac0014be6d28d58780c02a.jpg
8b01325946452e7583e0c2b7d2fbfd57.jpg
db7ba6d5540246818fb8d2c878537a4a.jpg
298bd3d09fd6b57b3d4a68e3960a5c3c.jpg
d65d82621872e40f5adb211b03659118.jpg
3586a477902980b5292181760b835452.jpg

I'm guessing that will be north of £1,400, hat in the ring at £1,600.

If its anything like the FK2 version in terms of performance and sound then it will be worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hat / ring - £1900

That requires a lot of carbon to make.
Especially if Eventuri make the secondary scoop of carbon too. Other than the heat soak properties of carbon the secondary scoop being tucked deep in the car makes me think plastic would be the cost effective choice.

I have been talking to the boys at Evolve/Eventuri and monitoring this closely. I was in the workshop when they were making the holes in the airbox to test for improved airflow. Even then the results they were getting were quite frankly astonishing for an air box. they have since developed the new air feed which will increase the gains even further.

Where the intake is on the FK8 effectively renders any intake that is not a closed air box as useless due to the amount of hot air in that area of the car. They have tested other manufacturer intakes which have have proven to lose power over standard.

The Eventuri will be expensive, but worth every penny. I have witnessed and often been involved in their product development. These guys truly understand how to get every ounce of power possible from an intake.

I'll say it again but I thought Honda said they designed the front end to aid airflow to allow hot air to escape

I just remember the FK2 being marketed the same "built for a reason" "vents to aid air flow" but those ended up being more aesthetics than anything else,
It left me wondering if they're repeating the same ol

They have thought a lot more about cooling as the bonnet scoop channels air through the aluminium ducting drawing heat from the engine bay with it and chucking it out through the wing vents, real this time!!!

The Injen intake is out and loads of people over the US have fitted it, but it has an open cone filter with no box, but so far no reported problems. It takes air from the OEM ram air feed, but surely to god it must be like the devils airing cupboard...

Mishimoto similar to eventuri without the second scoop though claim 12 HP increase...cant remember the torque

Any of you guys see on Facebook today all the rabble about the dyno testing done by vit tuned with stock intake and injen, the basic consensus being that no other intake eg mishi or eventuri is going to make more power than stock, that they're all a waste of money. Granted he has only run the injen on the dyno, but says that the intake isn't the limiting factor on the car, it's the ecu that has a crap map.

Now obviously he's trying to push the motec that he's selling/mapping but he's no noob either. Nonetheless it's good to see the interest there and work on tuning the car at an early stage

Not sure how he can comment on eventuri seeing as though the only people that have tested this are .. eventuri, and they are no mugs in this game.

Yeah I saw that today on civicx......injen stated 22bhp on their marketing bumf...hmmm. Lots of people delighted with the sound though so not too bothered although 'lawsuit' was muttered by a couple ha

Now it seems that intakes for turbos are useless.....!

I still am happy with my 1bhp increase and pssssst sound from my panel filter which has meant my mpg has dropped a bit

Back