• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

All of the FK2 test drives were accompanied only, round here and reported on forums at least. :lol:

Dealership insurance wouldn't allow test drive unless with a member of staff was the unanimous the excuse given.

Fingers crossed for you!

All of the FK2 test drives were accompanied only, round here and reported on forums at least. :lol:

Dealership insurance wouldn't allow test drive unless with a member of staff was the unanimous the excuse given.

Fingers crossed for you!

I had to sign a document with a 1k excess when I did a test drive.

The black one in the US has been spotted out and about again.

[video=youtube;4u4LRls8fUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u4LRls8fUU[/video]

Spotted again this morning.

5207904764f64c2c14abea4a545f73f7.jpg

14baa3f12fa3d66589f2e15d07b57293.jpg

Sonic Grey.

Personally I think it's an awful colour for the FK8. There were no bad colours on the FK2, there is one now on the FK8.

aff292777cea39890abb5f28bad4c1f9.jpg

Looks like primer awaiting final coat, but glossy. Nope.

I've seen a standard one in that colour in the metal. It looks god awful. It literally looks like it's been left in primer as you said. Looks terrible in daylight.

I've seen a standard one in that colour in the metal. It looks god awful. It literally looks like it's been left in primer as you said. Looks terrible in daylight.

I nearly phoned the dealer and went for this colour on pre-order day. I thought it was the same colour as the Prototype brushed metal which looked pretty cool. Luckily I drove to the dealer instead and they had a Standard Civic in this colour. It is awful so I went for Black instead :)

Shame they're not doing the prototype brushed metal!

Sonic Grey.

Personally I think it's an awful colour for the FK8. There were no bad colours on the FK2, there is one now on the FK8.

Looks like primer awaiting final coat, but glossy. Nope.

As others mentioned I see daily around couple of Fords, Hyundais in this color. I think it's a trend with this grayish primer look color. Different than normal colors but I don't like it either.

Fingers crossed for you!

Strange enough the drive tests for premium brands are usually unattended (at least here in Lux). You even get the car for the day/weekend sometimes. But the ones for other brands are attended, I don't understand the logic behind.

I had to sign a document with a 1k excess when I did a test drive.
1k+ to pay in case you purchase? unbelievable to pay for td

Last edited by a moderator:
1k to pay if you crash it. Insurance excess.
I had smth similar (franchised insurance) when I tested FK2 type R.

I tested recently a Cayman 718. I wonder what was the insurance franchise there. :)
On another note, man I wish I haven't done this. It opened the Pandora's box. Amazed not, but highly impressed yes. How it corners, feeling, atmosphere, sound(I like more 4 cyl sounds raw like 40-50s sports cars).
Even if my config is 25-30k euros more than FK2/8 TypeRs I'm highly tempted to hold off for few years(save a nice downpayment) and going for 718. I shouldn't have tested this. :)

I'll def test FK8 Type R also when it arrives though to see get an impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it's just fashionable right now. I'm sure I saw a Skoda with something similar today.

H-Tune posted these on Facebook earlier today.

a7d75d31ee8ae8c15896dccf97433aa4.jpg

ae273975c16b6504d029226e66961122.jpg

1337123a30aef0a4afafa61c9020835b.jpg

84227931d41adb8229b4f25ae515bc90.jpg

Still not buying one...

Back