• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Iv gone crazy had interior and exterior carbon fibre pack plus five years warranty and service pack. Having red alloygators private autglym lifeguard and a venture shield to stop stone chip damage my car will be ready in 10 days time will post pics went for brilliant sporty blue. Can’t wait

If anybody wants a champ white Fn2 am selling it just message me :)

Picked my CW up today from Chiswick Honda at 2 and have only come home cos the lights faded!

The sat nav can't find satellites for some reason so will need to get that sorted. Other than that I am pleasantly surprised with the exhaust, it's no Subaru but it's loud!!! I wonder if there is a hole in it or something as it's nothing like the demo car!!!!

Straight to Hobbycraft, bought loads of sticky back black foam sheets and set about protecting the interior cos I am a bit of a freak.....door pockets where people kick doors open, back of the front seats, centre console, sills...told you, freak.

75 miles under its belt now and can wait for the 60 mile drive to work tomorrow....

Is it loud on idle? Mines not but it is louder than I expected when I am driving it. Again better than I expected anyway.

Has anyone had a bang from their exhaust yet. Mine gave a loud bang once but unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I was driving at the time. It was that loud I thought I'd broken it. I even checked underneath when I stopped to see if I had broken something :)

Try having it in 2nd with all the traction control and stability etc left on, boot it and as the wheels slip at about 4/4.5k let off the gas

Iv gone crazy had interior and exterior carbon fibre pack plus five years warranty and service pack. Having red alloygators private autglym lifeguard and a venture shield to stop stone chip damage my car will be ready in 10 days time will post pics went for brilliant sporty blue. Can’t wait

If anybody wants a champ white Fn2 am selling it just message me :)

I had the Autoglym treatment done and I was concerned, but I have to say they did a great job. I had the bright light out last night checked all over and no swirl marks as far as I can see.

Also fixed the Sat nav which was done with a simple reboot (hold down Audio Button for 5 secs). Map Graphics are so bad its almost comical though.....!!

Only thing that's vexed me slightly is the passenger side front brake rotor is rusty already on the inner disc lip facing you if that makes sense. I checked the other demos and they all had the same - passenger side. Guess they were all exposed on that side to water or something. I know it will happen eventually just didn't expect it so soon!! So I started to paint them silver though and look great.

Exhaust is boomy on start up, nice and quite on Idle but as I said I really like it on the move. I cant hear the turbo like I could on the demo, so not sure why/how there is a difference. Not made it bang though!! You sure you didn't hit something!

Only thing that's vexed me slightly is the passenger side front brake rotor is rusty already on the inner disc lip facing you if that makes sense. I checked the other demos and they all had the same - passenger side. Guess they were all exposed on that side to water or something. I know it will happen eventually just didn't expect it so soon!! So I started to paint them silver though and look great.

Take a note of the Brembo disc Minimum Thickness wear details stamped on the hubs before sloshing paint on them.

If you do paint the hubs expect to be quoted for new discs when the pads wear out. If a Honda mechanic cant read the wear details stamped on the disc when measuring for the disc's minimum thickness the policy is to replace them. I know they could easily go read the details on another car but they don't and won't as thats too logical [-(

36254165883_360d8617c3_k.jpg

* note image shown is not FK8 Brembo's, just an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late...I have done them a lovely shade of Toxic Pink in my lunch break....:lol:

No, thanks for the info on the hubs, I honestly didn't know about the text on them.

Has anyone managed to get a deal when buying, such as the five year servicing/colour thrown in for free?

Hell no......the only thing I got free was a coffee.

I asked and asked and asked, but they said they cant even give me the mats (which I have taken out and replaced with Halfords specials anyway). Cheeky sales guy said ok free tank of fuel....pulled him up sharpish on that.

Little known fact. I work for an oil company, and for some manufacturers whose names shall remain nameless, they actually add an Octane booster in that first tank of fuel to make your first impressions that touch better.

I feared that would be the case. I've priced up the accessories I'd want - £2430, or £1900 from Cox. I'd at least have thought they'd chuck in a service pack...

I'll show ignorance on Friday and see how much they laugh at me when I ask.

Great! Broken mine already. Engine warning and rev match warning lights on! A trip to the dealer tomorrow i think :-(

I got 5 year servicing and mats, full tank of petrol and a bit off the price

Last edited by a moderator:
I feared that would be the case. I've priced up the accessories I'd want - £2430, or £1900 from Cox. I'd at least have thought they'd chuck in a service pack...

I'll show ignorance on Friday and see how much they laugh at me when I ask.

I got a text off mine yesterday offering a deal on their whole range, the deal is a car at cost price + £1.
Short time only but I'm not budging yet so I'm passing

Back