• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

What a car.

I picked up my car on Friday (1st 1 delivered in Scotland apparently) & have completed 120 miles so far. :D
It is an incredible machine.
Loads of people have been complimenting the styling which I also like but must reviewers don't. :confused:

I know you are supposed to take it easy initially, but I have had to open her up just a few times already as I have a disease that has V-Power running through my veins & given me a very heavy right foot. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Note about the engines running in:

Unless they have been electronically run in, just take it steady for the first 500 miles. No red lines, sudden acceleration and don't let it idle too long.

Nothing to do with the year we're in, run in periods are the same either way. Not sure if engines are run in at the factory. But I would be steady for the first 500 miles to be safe.

Remember all the parts are new and haven't moved together as they should

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Having such a capable car & my disease makes it so hard.

I am trying.

Handling is already amazing, but I know when the tyres are further run in, it will only improve.

I still drive carefully. ;)

In the flesh (metal) everyone seems to like the Red.

Mine is due a wash already. :eek::rolleyes:

Picked my PMM on Friday. Girlfriend gets in it she might as well have got in with a flap wheel and a 24v Drill....why do they have to drag hand bags and coats all over the dash ??....rant over. First driving impressions are positive but I don't like to fully appraise till the car is run in. Got a squeal from the brakes and the front rad cover was badly scratched on delivery. Got nearly 40mpg on motorway run keeping to limits (I'm 60) full report to follow. My last car was a 2016 Focus RS

Picked my PMM on Friday. Girlfriend gets in it she might as well have got in with a flap wheel and a 24v Drill....why do they have to drag hand bags and coats all over the dash ??....rant over.

Haha, women are like swiss army knives with all the pointy bits sticking out. Nails, rings, heels, handbags, jackets etc etc

I'm forever polishing out marks after wash time when the wife's used the car. If she goes out to meet The Girls in it i expect it to be a write off on return.

I know all the points to inspect now. Side skirts = heels. Door handles = nails/rings. Backs of the front seats = handbags. Dashboard/controls = all the above.

:cry:

Haha, women are like swiss army knives with all the pointy bits sticking out. Nails, rings, heels, handbags, jackets etc etc

My wife, dragging her jacket zip across the EP3's steering wheel when getting stuff into the car.

"How did this scratch get here?", "I don't know".... :rage:

Ha, just did a 1000 miles to and around Cornwall for 7 days, and each day I was like an airport security guard checking what the missus was going to try and get into the passenger seat - "Hand bag - no, that goes in boot" " Studs on back of jeans - no, sit on your jumper." Last day she said "its gonna get scratched anyway at some point" I then pulled up train times on my phone - she got the point.

3 adults, suitcases, sand, salt - it took a beating but was awesome. It was epic on the B roads down there and great in the cruise in comfort mode on the motorway. Cleaning it yesterday after all that was like finally having a p155 after busting for hours....best relief ever...

Japshow on Sunday at Santapod looking fwd to now...

Ha, just did a 1000 miles to and around Cornwall for 7 days, and each day I was like an airport security guard checking what the missus was going to try and get into the passenger seat - "Hand bag - no, that goes in boot" " Studs on back of jeans - no, sit on your jumper." Last day she said "its gonna get scratched anyway at some point" I then pulled up train times on my phone - she got the point.

3 adults, suitcases, sand, salt - it took a beating but was awesome. It was epic on the B roads down there and great in the cruise in comfort mode on the motorway. Cleaning it yesterday after all that was like finally having a p155 after busting for hours....best relief ever...

Japshow on Sunday at Santapod looking fwd to now...
Where were you in Cornwall mate?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stayed in Perranporth Jason then just went all over. Awesome part of the world
Not far away from me mate.
Shame you were not down this week as
We are all off to Perranporth this Saturday for the Drag & drift event.
Yeah its a nice place when the weather is good.
Let me know when you come down next and i will drag my FK2 out for blast about.

Not far away from me mate.
Shame you were not down this week as
We are all off to Perranporth this Saturday for the Drag & drift event.
Yeah its a nice place when the weather is good.
Let me know when you come down next and i will drag my FK2 out for blast about.

Ha no way!!!! Talk about timing...

Will do sir...defo be back

Quick Google, they dont like hard cornering and have known to come off, on the abarth forum one chap had his caught up around his suspension. Seems there's pros and cons
Low profiles and hard cornering maybe an issue

I saw an Audi fitted with these on Sunday. The front one that was fitted looked like it had snapped in half as only half the rim was covered and loose enough to become a flying weapon. The rear one was still attached in one piece to the rim.

Done my first long trip to Leicester and back and boy did get a lot of looks. Lovely motor mainly 6th gear at 70mph bed the brakes in slowly and clutch like was advised. Up to 340 miles now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just up the road from me,
Mate saw a red one on the A6 Market Harborough road last week, I've yet to see it or even one on the roads

Just up the road from me,
Mate saw a red one on the A6 Market Harborough road last week, I've yet to see it or even one on the roads

Which car do you own next time I come leicester have a lot of family there I can come and show you mine if you like? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in Mkt Harb. Not seen the red one around, will keep a look out for it.

Ours makes regular trips to Corby for v-power!

I also saw new NSX last week in white - looked lovely, very compact.

Back