• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Didn't realise you're that close, I usually hear from the lads at work every time they see a type R.
I know there's a few fk2s about but I've heard nothing of an fk8 being local.
Corby shell was my preferred top up but I'm on my 2nd tank of tesco momentum, feels slightly less responsive but I'm getting more rumble from the exhaust and it's slightly cheaper than the V so I might just stick to that

Shamelessly stolen from PH.

Not sure what they are trying to promote here though. :lol:

[video=youtube;25UTt-05QK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25UTt-05QK4[/video]

ha that's my closest dealer. They mugged me off when I was trying to sell my EP3 back in 08 so never use them.

What a weird video to release. Wil show it to my old man see if I can tempt him out of his Jazz

How many did they get allocated? :confused:

I'm thinking that the youths are in the middle of their PCP and are not in a position to change even if they want to ;)

You'll be surprised, the low monthly payments saw quite a few young drivers buy the FK2 when it was released

It's not necessarily the car finance that does it for those of us under 25, it's just as likely to be the insurance. Also depends on where you live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 60 and just took delivery of my CTR! And I got the optional spoiler. I suppose it also explains me getting 40mpg on a run and averaging 31mpg over my first 250 miles...tee he x

Isn't the insurance similar between the FK2 and FK8?

Advantages of being an oldie :)

Not sure what people are paying on the newly released fk8 but when the FK2 was released the insurance was ridiculously low being a new released vehicle.
My first year was around £220-£250 area, 2nd year it rocketed to over the £400 mark

I should have said the FK8 arrival has coincided with renewal time. my long standing friends at Direct Line want an eye watering £980 on their friendly automatic renewal service....

FK2/8 has anti collision aids and blind spot sensors which aids insurance prices.

Back