• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I don't think i could mentally get round paying over £500 to insure a car per annum.

I'm 39, 17 NCB, 16,000 miles per year, £320. And i live in a bad crime stat area.

I paid £316 with quote me happy on my fk2 with air filter declared. I am 42 though with 20 years ncb.

The FN2 was £500 and I'm 33 with 9 years No Claims. Will need to see what an 8 is for fun.

London is a killer on insurance. (on and only 6k a year)

I was pleasantly surprised by the insurance costs of the FK8 - pretty much the same as a £7k 10yr old BMW 335d!

Last edited by a moderator:
My insurance want £7500 to put my 18 year old son on my fk8. To be fair he hasn't even passed his test yet:D
I only pay 320 for me and the wife

My insurance want £7500 to put my 18 year old son on my fk8. To be fair he hasn't even passed his test yet
I only pay 320 for me and the wife

Talk about chuck him in at the deep end, can think of worse cars to learn to drive in haha!

£2200 for a 1.3 civic EG at 17 here... 14 years ago :O

£1800 for a 21 year old in an fk2 is a relative bargain! Especially if you factor in inflation.

Back