• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

500 mile report CTR FK8 in PMM.
Well 500 miles has come in a little over 10 days, I’m now in a position to judge it against my previous car Focus RS Mk 3. Comfort, a no brainer the comfort and Sport mode and even the R make the CTR ride seem like a Citroen DS when compared to the RS, although the seats in the RS (Shell) in my opinion were better though for fit, grip and overall comfort. Economy Again a no brainer I got 45mpg yesterday on a 55-mile motorway trip, the max I ever achieved in RS was 32. Appearance yet again a no brainer lost count of thumbs up etc and people taking pictures on motorway etc. Build quality, this is where it starts to go horribly wrong I’m starting to get peeved off with a) Squeaky Brakes when coming to slow stop and b) Max I can get without pressure warning is 40 miles, 3 times I’ve re-calibrated and each time no difference using same compressor! c) The Power Steering failure light keeps coming on it can’t be the Lane Keep as I don’t have it on at time of signal flashing…….so on the whole a bad experience to date. Car is booked in to get front grille surround replaced (scratched on delivery) in a week or so hopefully they will be able to put those little niggles right. Oh and I nearly forgot the sat nav doesn't recognise main roads opened 2 years ago......is there an update ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is normal, when I reach 3,000 rpm the engine makes like a sharp vibrating noise. I guess kinda like VTEC noise, but isn't, but when I go higher up the revs the noise disappears. Anyone else get this on 3,000 rpm?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

500 mile report CTR FK8 in PMM.
Well 500 miles has come in a little over 10 days, I’m now in a position to judge it against my previous car Focus RS Mk 3. Comfort, a no brainer the comfort and Sport mode and even the R make the CTR ride seem like a Citroen DS when compared to the RS, although the seats in the RS (Shell) in my opinion were better though for fit, grip and overall comfort. Economy Again a no brainer I got 45mpg yesterday on a 55-mile motorway trip, the max I ever achieved in RS was 32. Appearance yet again a no brainer lost count of thumbs up etc and people taking pictures on motorway etc. Build quality, this is where it starts to go horribly wrong I’m starting to get peeved off with a) Squeaky Brakes when coming to slow stop and b) Max I can get without pressure warning is 40 miles, 3 times I’ve re-calibrated and each time no difference using same compressor! c) The Power Steering failure light keeps coming on it can’t be the Lane Keep as I don’t have it on at time of signal flashing…….so on the whole a bad experience to date. Car is booked in to get front grille surround replaced (scratched on delivery) in a week or so hopefully they will be able to put those little niggles right. Oh and I nearly forgot the sat nav doesn't recognise main roads opened 2 years ago......is there an update ?

A) I get it now and again but no where near as bad as you or a lot of yanks on civic.com b) Erm, not sure what you are referring to here? C) are you sure it's power steering failure and not the lane mitigation? I thought it was off but it was still flashing the yellow signal and vibrating wheel when crossing lanes but since switched it off properly it's fine.

What about performance compared to the RS?

Not sure if this is normal, when I reach 3,000 rpm the engine makes like a sharp vibrating noise. I guess kinda like VTEC noise, but isn't, but when I go higher up the revs the noise disappears. Anyone else get this on 3,000 rpm?

It's not a dash rattle is it? I've got a vibrating noise about the same rpm with r mode which then disappears. Sure it's the centre console which is quite loose....

Ordered mine from them too. Did it come with the floor anchors to fit to the floor, as my dealer didn't install the anchors for me.
Yes you get the little plastic clips with the mats.

They have to cut the carpet to install the clips so I've been led to believe - use stickyback velcro instead.

... b) Max I can get without pressure warning is 40 miles, 3 times I’ve re-calibrated and each time no difference using same compressor!....
....b) Erm, not sure what you are referring to here?....

B is the tyre pressure sensor system, it's senses the speed of each wheel instead of actual tyre pressure, check CivicX but the only post on TPMS reckons it causes no end of trouble. Hopefully the dealer could advise.

What about performance compared to the RS?

[video=youtube;THHD99qgQ3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHD99qgQ3I&t=609s[/video]

The pressure warning has been an issue since 2015, it usually pops up on continuous straight roads usually motorway driving

My bonnet scoop has been back ordered and they have no idea when it will be coming {not happy} and the blxxdy brake squeal is doing my head in.

Squeal is part and parcel of having performance brakes. Some copper grease on the rear of the pads and edges may help.

It's not a dash rattle is it? I've got a vibrating noise about the same rpm with r mode which then disappears. Sure it's the centre console which is quite loose....
Strangely enough the noise had gone this morning, and sounded smooth all the way to 4,000. Lets see if it comes back again later! Haven't gone beyond 5,000 yet though as bedding in the engine :D

They have to cut the carpet to install the clips so I've been led to believe - use stickyback velcro instead.

B is the tyre pressure sensor system, it's senses the speed of each wheel instead of actual tyre pressure, check CivicX but the only post on TPMS reckons it causes no end of trouble. Hopefully the dealer could advise.

[video=youtube;THHD99qgQ3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHD99qgQ3I&t=609s[/video]
Are considering that too, I guess the velcro might need over time.

320 miles completed, have loved everyone of them.

Have only discovered I have no Jack.
I know it has the tyre gunk & compressor, but thought it would still have a Jack.

Did you guys all get a Jack?

None of the 9G Civics came with a jack, either.

#SavingWeightSince2012

Anyone recommend a product for the piano black gloss trim on the front and door pillars? Its as soft as veal and have some fine scratches self inflicted on the last wash that dull the shine

Much obliged

Are considering that too, I guess the velcro might need over time.

There's already holes in the correct place in the carpet. You just need to snip out a little square where the holes are to fix the plastic fittings through.

Hi all,

Has anyone got any video's on the move with various levels of resonator removal? Going to book my car in early to have all the resonators removed - not sure about 'mufflers' does anyone speak american and know what mufflers are?

Noticed this vid online - not only does it show that Red is the best colour, but has the res and mufflers deleted at stand still. Sounds good to me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_YC4heR4lw

Interesting I think this with just the res removed sounds awful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRCv78-bO9I

But with both mufflers removed (I see what they are now!) and the res in place sounds pretty good again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPsLepXV-8M

Last edited by a moderator:
a good few on youtube mate like the one you have posted. Muffler is resonator. Some have taken all off, some 1.

I don't like the sound personally when removed. Too much like a knackered exhaust with rust holes in than a proper performance sound

The stock sound may be surprise you when you get yours. I couldn't hear it on the test drive I am sure, but I like it now if not a bit boomy on the cruise.

Id also look at aftermarket ones from a couple of people that are previewing at the moment.

The drone will quickly become tiresome with the resonators removed. Your car though.

Back