• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Ha that's the thing, easily mistaken for a 1.6 with the st line body kit.....not something you can say about the FK8!!!!

Same with Golf R and their R-line models, Audi with the S-Line etc.....

Ha that's the thing, easily mistaken for a 1.6 with the st line body kit.....not something you can say about the FK8!!!!

Same with Golf R and their R-line models, Audi with the S-Line etc.....

Yup! Had a minor moan on my car thread about all the attention, but for the money you want people to have a look and have an opinion rather than just a shrug and indifference.

The RS just looks blander every day. The interior is horrific as well.

Baby blue RS near my work, we've passed each other on 2 occasions and both times he's lifted off to let me know his exhaust pops and then accelerates off, not sure whether I'm meant to be impressed.
He also made it on the local park like a cnut site :lol:

Unless you start changing the cat, then it could get complicated, but for a cat back you'd be fine
I wouldn't be so sure on that..
A few FK2 owners have had warranty claims refused because of uprated cat back exhausts.

I think it depends on how friendly your dealer is with you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you took that to Honda UK, they 100% would not refuse a warranty due to the exhaust, they may refuse it as they think it isn't a problem, takes me back to the old ep3 days when a guy fitted a cat back and took it to Honda due to his lacquer coming off his alloys, the dealer tried to tell him that due to the cat back making more horsepower the wheels were spinning at a faster than designed speed causing the lacquer to come off, Honda UK obviously overruled that statement!

Its HUK that are declining them.
They originally said mods will be fine and then soon as issues started popping up they became pain in the arses

I wonder if your average Honda tech would notice a different exhaust - no offence to them meant - just still quite rare and if it was fitted properly used all existing mounts etc.....Oh darm it, just realised they need to start it at some point!!! Get my coat.

Legally they would be on sticky ground with claims that unrelated modifications were to blame. However, it requires someone to bring that challenge...and that may not be cheap.

Back