• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Looks great in red

Do you mind telling us how much and what you're having done specifically?

Yeah it was a Koch chemie new car treatment - covering all plastics/paint. I've driven the car all day today in standing water / rain / and it looks like I've just cleaned it. It's so hydrophobic dirt/ rain / drying water just doesn't show on it.

It was done by intimate detail as above - Kevin is the one to speak to. I can't speak highly enough of him, I've asked him to do all of my cars based on my experience with the type r

It cost £350 - he worked on it all day. Well worth it I would say

This is the car today after driving about in the rain in it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93195153@N00/24240329938/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was a Koch chemie new car treatment - covering all plastics/paint. I've driven the car all day today in standing water / rain / and it looks like I've just cleaned it. It's so hydrophobic dirt/ rain / drying water just doesn't show on it.

It was done by intimate detail as above - Kevin is the one to speak to. I can't speak highly enough of him, I've asked him to do all of my cars based on my experience with the type r

It cost £350 - he worked on it all day. Well worth it I would say.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93195153@N00/24240329938/in/dateposted-public/

Looks amazing , A proper ceramic coating is a total game changer , id never go back to waxing a car again, as you say dirt just does not stick to it, washing and drying is so easy mine easily goes 2 weeks and 600 miles between washes and im always amazed how clean it stays

Good news...car is at dealership. Should be collecting by end of week.

Bad news Illumination Pack is on back order...expected delivery end of month.

Looks amazing , A proper ceramic coating is a total game changer , id never go back to waxing a car again, as you say dirt just does not stick to it, washing and drying is so easy mine easily goes 2 weeks and 600 miles between washes and im always amazed how clean it stays

I think I wash my car twice a year now, kids, work, holidays take up all my time. I'd happily pay more if it meant less cleaning :lol:

Good spot. I was dubious when the salesman talked me through what it does and found their demo on the GPS. The driving rating on it was really low, i.e. was getting smashed.

Anything that monitors your driving can FOAD. We've an insurer that has cancelled insurance policies due to how the customer was driving. Headline news.

His work is excellent but that website is terrible. I say that as someone who is never going to be a customer or competitor. Far too dark. Layout of right in to customer reviews is OK, but it needs to be a lot crisper.

I think I wash my car twice a year now, kids, work, holidays take up all my time. I'd happily pay more if it meant less cleaning :lol:

Perfect for you. Find a reputable applicator and you can literally foam and rinse your car for the next 3 - 5 years.

Personally, I'd recommend a Gtechniq applicator

I've not cleaned my current car since the day I bought it (3 and a bit months), the only exception being the odd bit of localised care in case of bird lime... I didn't even clean the alloys after rotating the wheels, so they're still rocking finger marks in the brake dust. :lol:

Received a call on my messages from a dealer at 9.00 this morning, Honda have released 18 pmm this morning for Jan delivery, didnt have the heart to call back and tell him I have already order one for March delivery!!! Think I will wait till the worst of the bad weather is past, could be a wise choice for scotland

Great lap that! I'd never be that brave overtaking others on track in mine that's for sure.

Another FK8 pulling off track at 4:08?

Back