• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yep, that will be from the first batch of demonstrators delivered in first week of August.
I also think it's a very cheap price.

Its the lowest ive seen one, fair few at 29k which dont seem to be sellling (but it is a bad time of year) , be interesting to see how the prices hold out as swindon is pumping them out ( i see lorry loads of them on A34 daily lhd and rhd) . Not sure if its true but im sure i read somewhere that they have already made more fk8's in the last 6 months than the entire run of fk2's? Fk2' s have taken a hit which mean the used fk8 could easily drop into the 28k bracket for dealers to shift them (especially ex demo cars)

Inevitably the prices will come down , that’s just the way it goes. It’s not a prestige car so depreciation shouldn’t really be considered if looking at one. I used to be bothered about it and never really lost out on previous cars due to their “exclusivity” Fd2 , Dc5 - even the latter can be had for peanuts if you look hard enough.

I know of a July 16 plate fk2 going in for an fk8 this week, the dealer has given 20k for that car, which is nearly a £5k loss every 6 months.

If I lose £10k on mine in 2 years but have enjoyed it .. well that’s all that matters

Though if they drop at 7k a year I won’t be keeping it longer than two years ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that will be from the first batch of demonstrators delivered in first week of August.
I also think it's a very cheap price.

Yeah. I was aware. Salesman offered me a test drive.

Pics I took at the time:-
50B59DDD-A3EF-4E1A-BC26-0327B81032CA_zps8w8ycvao.jpg

17E9B110-15A5-4C1E-AE1A-0672C14195B9_zpsu6hixdak.jpg
FFD66343-5662-4849-A3BD-EE3D4D7B4812_zps89ojdyfb.jpg

I know of a July 16 plate fk2 going in for an fk8 this week, the dealer has given 20k for that car, which is nearly a £5k loss every 6 months.
I wouldn't be happy with a 20k offer on a 16 plate, did they not fancy selling private or was it a deal with the original dealer

I wouldn't be happy with a 20k offer on a 16 plate, did they not fancy selling private or was it a deal with the original dealer

When an fk8 is only 28k used , 20k on a year old fk2 as a trade in is about right

Dealer will put it up at 24k - 25k i expect, typical margin

Last edited by a moderator:
What theee hell, that's too low surely at that mileage.....!!!

There are a lot of demos on at the moment and I would doubt the mileage has been updated on a lot of them...you know what dealers are like,that could have been the mileage after one month,but when you phone it's "Sorry,our mistake,mileage is now 6k"...but they hope you are sucked in!

On the other hand,if the mileage is correct and the car has no issues that's a great price.:)

When an fk8 is only 28k used , 20k on a year old fk2 as a trade in is about right

Dealer will put it up at 24k - 25k i expect, typical margin

There's fk2s out there still asking up to 27k, I know its wrong time of year to be selling private but you could get a few more k out of it

Back