• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

The market is absolutely flooded with Mk3 RS, and they are all holding their value pretty well still after what, 3 years on sale now..... I was kinda hoping ours would do the same due to far fewer of them......

I was also hoping coutinho hated paella but ah well....

The market is absolutely flooded with Mk3 RS, and they are all holding their value pretty well still after what, 3 years on sale now..... I was kinda hoping ours would do the same due to far fewer of them......

I was also hoping coutinho hated paella but ah well....

Going by that the FK2 should be in high 20s due to the limited run, far fewer fk2s than fk8s,
I remember the FK2 plummeting not long after release and it annoyed me as I thought Honda had purposely controlled residuals and proper stitched the FK2 owners up ready for the fk8 release, But it seems to be going the same way at the same pace.
Shame the Euro Hondas don't hold their value as well as the RS brand, the JDM Hondas are the ones that hold, I've known fd2 owners own a car for years and sell it with near no loss years on

Ford fans are more numerous unfortunately, so the RS has always had strong residuals. :(

After selling my Mugen for about £3K less than I'd hoped, I genuinely don't care about depreciation now. Very few people have £20K+ privately (very few had £10K+ for mine) so you end up back at the dealer trading in anyway. I'm happy with my monthly payments, they've been the same on my EP3, Mugen, Alfa and now FK8 all under various financial options, but ultimately the same impact on my cost of living.

Yep, very true, it's all about the monthlies and it's actually compared to what my mates are paying for run of the mill wagons, really good in my eyes.

Only thing I am concerned with is that I have some equity at the end of the PCP period to put towards a deposit on the next one.....be it an NSX....or more likely a jazz...

I would place my bets that AWD will come sooner than we believe! ;)
If you look underneath new FK8 you will probably agree.

I have it on good authority that the New Civic Type R will be called the 'Customer Study' edition and will have no rear seats and a roll cage. It's never going to be 4WD.

imgres

row_9263.jpg

no rear seats in a 4 door car makes me chuckle...... wonder if they will weld them shut....or better still, remove door handles so it looks like a coupe...:lol:

There's fk2s out there still asking up to 27k, I know its wrong time of year to be selling private but you could get a few more k out of it

Asking and selling prices are two very different things! :lol:

I probably should have mentioned the 27k FK2 has been up for sale for some time now, main dealer price as well

My service light has come on at 5k miles. No abuse just normal commuter and extended motorway runs.......it's just another issue with the car. I'm not having it serviced when the intervals clearly state 12 k or 12 months ok i'm not to 10% either way but service at 5k forget it...i'm annoyed

My service light has come on at 5k miles. No abuse just normal commuter and extended motorway runs.......it's just another issue with the car. I'm not having it serviced when the intervals clearly state 12 k or 12 months ok i'm not to 10% either way but service at 5k forget it...i'm annoyed

Mine's indicating an oil service after another 3.5k miles, have done less than 1k currently. I know it's a performance car, blah blah, but it does seem a bit soon!

The FK8 is set for variable servicing by default as determined by the car.
From what I understand this is the same as the FK2 but a lot were turned off at the customers' request in favour of fixed interval serving.
Whether this is true or not my dealer told me it was not as simple to turn off the variable servicing on the FK8.
I have covered 1400 miles and the last time I looked my A service was indicated in around 4300 miles. I am happy enough with this because unless anything changes my car will be at least a year old by the time I reach this mileage.
So thinking about it that will be an A and a B service.....which effectively means I will be following the fixed interval servicing. :)

It wasn't down to owners it was more to do with dealers not understanding what Honda were saying and switching them off like they do throughout the Honda range.

It took some working out and a lot of confusion for most owners but a chap on civinfo explained it the other month, It's either activated/deactivated at the dealership when they're doing the new car checks, if deactivated then you will see a yearly service, if active you could see up to 5 or 6 services a year which I think is a tad excessive.

I'm seeing yearly services so obviously the dealer has been naughty and deactivated mine without asking my permission, But a yearly service is more suited for my driving style.

If owners haven't taken the service package deal then I'd suggest they take it out now (I think you have 18 months or so many miles to take out the service package) apart from a hindrance it will save you some cash

There is section on page 42 of my service book that needs to be filled out with a dealer stamp to say - "Service Vehicle Reminder System is NOT active on this vehicle"
Mine has not been filled out.
If yours is the same has yours been stamped dweezle?
If yours has been turned off then does this mean you cannot go into the settings and it tells you when your A and B services are due etc?

I would definitely recommend the service plan also regardless of what schedule your car is on...you only need to be keeping the car for 2 years or more.
Have you seen the price of Honda servicing for the Type R! The second one is over £300 if I remember right. :eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine and many others haven't been stamped which is where the confusion started.
The other part I forgot to mention is if owners are seeing yearly services and it's alternating A and B each year then this is an indication that the variable reminder has been deactivated and switched to yearly services

if owners are seeing yearly services and it's alternating A and B each year then this is an indication that the variable reminder has been deactivated and switched to yearly services
Correct me if I'm wrong about this but is an A service not simply an oil change and you could have at least 2 per year depending on how the car has been driven, whereas a B service is what would be classed as a more comprehensive one and includes an oil change anyway?

Correct me if I'm wrong about this but is an A service not simply an oil change and you could have at least 2 per year depending on how the car has been driven, whereas a B service is what would be classed as a more comprehensive one and includes an oil change anyway?
B service is just a spanner check and inspection. No oil and filter change on the B service.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Confusion time :lol:
If it's showing B come a 12 month service then oil and filter will be changed as normal (ie: a full 12 month service)
Unless you can ask your dealer to check if it's on you won't be able to tell yourself until your 2nd service.

My countdown went, 12th month A, 24th month B, and now it's back to A, but for peace of mind I like to have an oil and filter change in spring (6 months).

I would hazard a guess after all the confusion regarding the FK2, dealers would have been told to leave it ON this time, downside of that is if you don't have the package deal then it will get expensive. I remember an fk2 owner having 4-5 services a year

I’m changing the oil on the car every 6 months , so the car should recognise that when it throws up its scam service advisory.

Here's the post from the Honda chap over on civinfo,

"All Honda Turbo engines e.g. FK2-R, 10G 1.0 / 1.5 & FK8 have oil life monitoring if service reminder is not turned on.

This will show as 'A' service for an oil change and 'B' for oil and filter change, these should be carried out when indicated or at 12 month interval. None of the other service will be indicated and it will count down in miles whereas service reminder will countdown in days and include other service items e.g. Air filter, fuel filter or Brake fluid etc"

And this, which should make things easier,

A = oil and filter change and B = 12 month inspection
That's if Service reminder system is turned on, if not its on Oil monitor system (A= oil B= Oil & filter)

So are you saying that if you are on the variable servicing then it will be counting down in Days and not Miles

Yes, it uses your average daily driving to estimate into days as well as having fixed items which are time based, e.g. 3 years for brake fluid.

Most UK dealers don't turn Service Reminder system on.

Yep this is where it gets confusing.... :lol:
My A service is counting down in miles, but my default variable servicing has not been turned off because I specifically asked when picking up my car.

Scheduled servicing used to be a simple thing to understand and have done.....but trust Honda to make it extremely confusing. :smt120 :-k :picardfp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back